Justice League news (and a lot of it)

Started by Catwoman, Tue, 21 Jun 2016, 13:33

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: BatmAngelus on Wed, 22 Jun  2016, 22:59
And could it be that the explanation behind this injection of blue...is that it's Bruce's way to pay tribute to the colors of the fallen Superman?

I've gotta say, if I'm right, this may be the best explanation for the "blue" Batman I've heard yet as it's now representative of Bruce's guilt and respect for Clark, as well as his own desire to become more of a hero...
Good thinking.

I like everything I'm hearing, except for how it's a single movie now. Before BvS, it was supposed to be a two-parter, and in just a few months, they made it into one script?

I feel like that's way too fast to make such a drastic change like that, but who knows?

Quote from: BatmAngelus on Tue, 21 Jun  2016, 17:45
Q: If each film is a learning experience, what do you think is the main thing you learned from BvS you used here?

A: I think the main thing we learned is that people don't like to see their heroes deconstructed. I think that's hard because it's people we've grown up with and that we care about. They like seeing them in all their glory."
http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/06/21/a-hater-tours-the-justice-league-set

I can't help but look at this again. Nothing sickens me more than WB inviting these vindictive blogging parasites to a set for their main attraction. Sites like Birth.Movies.Death that led an overzealous backlash against Snyder's movies, but also supported somebody like James Gunn for his gross online behavior. But then again, what do you expect when they employed somebody like Devin Faraci - the author of that particular blog - who had a notorious reputation to use his role as a critic to bully people online and even indirectly admitted to committing sexual harassment? What's even more sickening is I've seen his blogger peers on social media defended him for his behaviour, but persist on insulting Snyder on a personal level.

These are the sort of people we listened to when discussing issues with MOS and BvS? This are the sort of people whose influence changed what JL was meant to be? It shows they lack morals and decency if they defend such despicable behaviour, but get "outraged" over a director's treatment of comic book characters. These people who write about the entertainment industry are depraved, disgusting excuses for human beings.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I'm following up my last post with this little screenshot of this Birth.Movies.Death blogger called Scott Wampler, who made a snide remark while retweeting conservative political commentator Ben Shapiro, because he said BvS is good.

Reading between the lines, Wampler seems to suggest if you believe BvS is good, you have to a right winger. Which is meant to carry negative connotations.

This is just an another example of despicable discourse when it comes to this film and Zack Snyder. It's just as bad as The AV Club suggesting the 300 movie adaptation paved the way for the alt-right. I've even heard these pathetic bloggers going so far to suggest Snyder is some sort of far right sympathiser, who hates women or some nonsense. Not only is it slanderous, it's lunacy.

If that were the case, Snyder wouldn't have Lois Lane as a heroine whose investigation helped expose Lex Luthor's schemes, let alone introducing Wonder Woman. He wouldn't have that African witness having a conscience and telling Senator Finch the truth about what happened in Nairomi and how Lex was pulling the strings.

Yes, I realise I might be meddling in identity politics a little bit. But the point I'm getting at is if these so-called left-leaning Snyder detractors have their eyes open, they'd realise he's more progressive than they think he is. Instead, they doubled down on their slander by claiming JL was sexist because of the Amazon costumes, despite them being no more revealing than what we were shown in the standalone WW movie. This only goes to show they were going condemn JL no matter what.

I'd like to know exactly what Snyder did to get such vitriol, because at this point, to go so far to make such slanderous descriptions only goes to show these degenerates hate him on a personal level. I'll say it before, and I'll say it one more time, these people who write about the entertainment industry are pathetic excuses for human beings.

By the way, yes, apparently Rian Johnson approved Wampler's comment, as you can see in the above screenshot. You'd think after the hostile reaction towards The Last Jedi by the general Star Wars fanbase would've prompt Johnson to be a little bit more sympathetic and respectful towards another director who came under fire too, but I guess. Luckily for me, I never liked TLJ.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Tue, 22 Jan  2019, 14:02

I'm following up my last post with this little screenshot of this Birth.Movies.Death blogger called Scott Wampler, who made a snide remark while retweeting conservative political commentator Ben Shapiro, because he said BvS is good.

Reading between the lines, Wampler seems to suggest if you believe BvS is good, you have to a right winger. Which is meant to carry negative connotations.

This is just an another example of despicable discourse when it comes to this film and Zack Snyder. It's just as bad as The AV Club suggesting the 300 movie adaptation paved the way for the alt-right. I've even heard these pathetic bloggers going so far to suggest Snyder is some sort of far right sympathiser, who hates women or some nonsense. Not only is it slanderous, it's lunacy.

If that were the case, Snyder wouldn't have Lois Lane as a heroine whose investigation helped expose Lex Luthor's schemes, let alone introducing Wonder Woman. He wouldn't have that African witness having a conscience and telling Senator Finch the truth about what happened in Nairomi and how Lex was pulling the strings.

Yes, I realise I might be meddling in identity politics a little bit. But the point I'm getting at is if these so-called left-leaning Snyder detractors have their eyes open, they'd realise he's more progressive than they think he is. Instead, they doubled down on their slander by claiming JL was sexist because of the Amazon costumes, despite them being no more revealing than what we were shown in the standalone WW movie. This only goes to show they were going condemn JL no matter what.

I'd like to know exactly what Snyder did to get such vitriol, because at this point, to go so far to make such slanderous descriptions only goes to show these degenerates hate him on a personal level. I'll say it before, and I'll say it one more time, these people who write about the entertainment industry are pathetic excuses for human beings.

By the way, yes, apparently Rian Johnson approved Wampler's comment, as you can see in the above screenshot. You'd think after the hostile reaction towards The Last Jedi by the general Star Wars fanbase would've prompt Johnson to be a little bit more sympathetic and respectful towards another director who came under fire too, but I guess. Luckily for me, I never liked TLJ.
Tbh, the political angle went by me, ignorant as I am of Scott Wampler (apart from the fact that I now know that he has a stupid name). I figured it was just a shot at Shapiro personally rather than a shot at Shapiro politically.

I should say here that however to-the-right some people may think I am, I have no real use for the likes of Shapiro. But that's probably enough said about that, Lord knows I wouldn't want our forum nanny to go running off in search of a mod.

Rian Johnson... oh boy. It's a pretty tacky thing to do. I want to believe he's endorsing a swipe at Shapiro more than he's endorsing a swipe at Snyder. Not sure how likely that is. But it would be nice to think that directors have enough professional courtesy to not denigrate one another's work in public.

Then again, Johnson never struck me as a class act, exactly. So take all that for whatever you think it's worth.

Tue, 22 Jan 2019, 21:22 #25 Last Edit: Tue, 22 Jan 2019, 21:25 by The Laughing Fish
Wampler has a history of making derisive remarks about BvS and fans who like the movie. I have no doubt this was another way to show his contempt by connecting his dislike for Shapiro. Because apparently, if you have anything positive to say about Zack Snyder or his movies then you must be a white male American conservative. You can't possibly be anything else. What an absolute moron.

Sun, 7 Apr 2019, 11:25 #26 Last Edit: Sat, 11 May 2019, 01:01 by The Laughing Fish
So, it appears Rian Johnson has once again made a series of tweets ridiculing BvS, and that Joaquin Phoenix movie in these series of bizarre tweets:

Quote from: Rian Johnson
My parents went to see the touring production of Cats when I was a kid. I was so excited and really jealous. When they got home I was on my mom's heels asking how it was, what it was like, tell me everything. She slumped on the sofa, eyes focused mid distance. "Well. Lotta cats."

Quote from: Matt Singer (not related to Brian Singer, I presume)
Weird way for the JOKER movie to start, but okay Rian.

Quote from: Rian Johnson
And her name was Martha
*rim shot*

https://twitter.com/rianjohnson/status/1114225735223238656

I think this fan sums up the best response perfectly:

Zack Snyders Batman in BvS>>>>>>Luke Beta Space moose drinking hollow deck fighting, sorry ass in TLJ

Which sh*t on Lukes character so bad Mark Hamill and Star Wars defecates on you

And Cheers..Bottoms [Beta based] up

Of course, special mentions should go to those who rightfully point out that Chris Terrio, the writer of BvS, is writing the sequel and trying to clean the mess Johnson made with TLJ.

This Rian schmuck really takes pleasure in being an unlikable asshole, doesn't he?