BvS Ultimate Edition Trailer

Started by BatmAngelus, Thu, 2 Jun 2016, 16:18

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: riddler on Tue, 23 Aug  2016, 14:17
and of course we don't know how long Superman will stay buried for but despite the ending, we do know in Suicide Squad that he stays 'dead' for a bit.
My guess for Superman's revival is this:

He's in 'low power mode' and the only thing keeping him alive is the codex.
He requires assistance to be revived, which can happen in the genesis chamber.

I'm still going with my ring theory, lol.   :D

Bruce paying for Clark's funeral is a small but powerful addition to the ultimate cut. He's doing a good deed but isn't seeking kudos. He's standing alone wearing black, reflecting on his failures and looking to the future. Adding in Pete Ross and the pastor from Man of Steel further cements BvS's sequel status too. That's something BvS doesn't get enough credit for either. Feeling like a true sequel to Man of Steel. Adding in Batman and other heroes didn't detract from anything. And let's not forget, Man of Steel had the Wayne Enterprises satellite and LexCorp tanker cameos already.

Quote from: BatmAngelus on Thu,  2 Jun  2016, 18:25
QuoteNo man in the sky intervened when I was a boy to deliver me from Daddy's fists and abominations...I've figured it out way back, if God is all powerful, he cannot be all good. And if he's all good, then he cannot be all powerful. And neither can you be. They need to see the fraud you are. With their eyes. The blood on your hands.

This doesn't explain why he then agreed to work for an even bigger "God" in Darkseid (or Steppenwolf or whichever Apokolips figure he's working for), though, or why he thought creating a killing machine that could annihilate every human being on Earth (and even try to murder him once it was born) was a good idea...

It turns out that Lex thought he could control Doomsday. I was taking a peak at one of the Blu-Ray extras titled The Empire of Luthor, and there was an unused line where Eisenberg recites on camera "Ancient Kryptonian deformity. Obeys only me. And born to destroy you".

The "obeys only me" line was replaced with "blood of my blood" in the final cut. I would've preferred that they kept the original sentence. The "blood of my blood" line is too subtle.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

My love for the BvS UE only grows with time.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun,  7 Aug  2016, 10:20
I honestly believe that scene has a point. Clark has a bathing scene earlier in the film. He's in a loving mood and shares this with Lois. Bruce, on the other hand, just glimpsed the vandalised Robin suit. He has a shower alone and looks miserable. That's the contrast. Clark is embracing life and Bruce is enduring it.

I think Lois's bath scene had more of a purpose. She comes home and recuperates by lying in the bathtub, cleaning herself after that dreadful incident in Africa. Not to say that Lois suffers from PTSD like Bruce does, but usually people have the urge to wash themselves to cope with a traumatic experience.

Of course, I wouldn't expect that sort of analytical thinking from garbage blogs nowadays. This is a screenshot taken from Digital Spy, criticising that bathtub scene when BvS came out:

First of all, don't you just HATE it when editors make headlines as if they talk like an airhead Valley girl?  >:(

Second, I'd like to know if Digital Spy had the same problem with Steve Trevor's 'gratuitous' nudity in Wonder Woman? Or is it only a problem if it concerns a woman?
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Mon, 27 Mar  2017, 11:41It turns out that Lex thought he could control Doomsday. I was taking a peak at one of the Blu-Ray extras titled The Empire of Luthor, and there was an unused line where Eisenberg recites on camera "Ancient Kryptonian deformity. Obeys only me. And born to destroy you".

The "obeys only me" line was replaced with "blood of my blood" in the final cut. I would've preferred that they kept the original sentence. The "blood of my blood" line is too subtle.
But that gives no explanation for why he'd think that it would obey only him. Being blood of his blood doesn't mean he'd obey him.
Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Tue, 12 Jun  2018, 14:11Second, I'd like to know if Digital Spy had the same problem with Steve Trevor's 'gratuitous' nudity in Wonder Woman? Or is it only a problem if it concerns a woman?
Seeing a guys chest isn't really considered legit nudity.

Wed, 13 Jun 2018, 06:23 #47 Last Edit: Wed, 13 Jun 2018, 06:24 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Tue, 12 Jun  2018, 14:11
I think Lois's bath scene had more of a purpose. She comes home and recuperates by lying in the bathtub, cleaning herself after that dreadful incident in Africa. Not to say that Lois suffers from PTSD like Bruce does, but usually people have the urge to wash themselves to cope with a traumatic experience.
I agree, but sometimes things don't have to be so deep. Lois and Clark are an iconic couple. They're the Adam and Eve of the comic world. I think they deserved a scene like this, and honestly, I'd like to see more of it. Sometimes office banter isn't enough because romance is a key component of their relationship. The Dean Cain show displayed this well.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed, 13 Jun  2018, 06:23
I agree, but sometimes things don't have to be so deep. Lois and Clark are an iconic couple. They're the Adam and Eve of the comic world. I think they deserved a scene like this, and honestly, I'd like to see more of it. Sometimes office banter isn't enough because romance is a key component of their relationship. The Dean Cain show displayed this well.

That is true. Aside from that TV show, that bathtub scene was probably the most intimate between Lois and Clark on film. When you look at this perspective, it's rather shameful the entire Superman film franchise doesn't really explore their relationship that deeply if you look beyond that "Can You Read My Mind?" sequence and their time at the Fortress of Solitude in the first two Reeve films.