BvS Ultimate Edition Trailer

Started by BatmAngelus, Thu, 2 Jun 2016, 16:18

Previous topic - Next topic
I'll wait for the Blu-ray, but from what I read, the Ultimate Cut is sensational. I can't really elaborate due to the lack of spoiler tags, but it will strengthen the film a great deal. Lex's machinations are even more prevalent, the Africa content is more defined and Clark gets to investigate Batman on his own. I liked the Theatrical Cut, but honestly, they should have just released the three hour cut. It'll be the version of the film as far as I am concerned.

I'm thinking I will probably pick up the Target exclusive version. Which is a digibook with a 3D cover like Target's Man of Steel exclusive was.

Having both MOS and BvS in similar packaging would look more spiffy up on my DVD/Blu Ray shelves, but I really wish Target had a 3D digibook Trinity cover (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman) like that of the DVD/Blu combo version.

Course for the steelbook fans, Best Buy's got you covered.

And if you really want to get fancy, there's the edition that includes a state of either Bats or Supes.

Course this is all Stateside exclusives. No idea what the UK is getting.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

There's so much to talk about in regards to the BvS Ultimate Cut. So much. After mulling it over, I think BvS is pretty much the Batman Returns of the modern age. They're both controversial, with BvS receiving an even harsher response. Both have gorgeous visuals and analyse the characters and their impacts on the world pretty darn well. Narratively, BvS is stronger though, especially in the Ultimate Cut version of the film.

The Ultimate Cut leaked a while back and the additional scenes surfaced on YouTube. I think they've since been taken down. I saw them while they were online and, although I'd need to see them in context to really appreciate them, it says to safe that they flesh things out more. The consensus among those who've seen the Ultimate Cut is that this is the superior version of the film. I loved the theatrical cut regardless but the editing was a little wonky in the first half and you could tell things had been trimmed down.

Anyway, I cannot wait for the Blu-ray to be released. The UK gets it a couple of weeks later than the US!
Even the greatest masterpiece has its flaws.

I've seen the UC. It's phenomenal. Absolutely loved it. It makes a film I already enjoyed so much better. Superman and Clark really benefit a great deal. Lex comes off really well too. Even more ruthless and determined to smear his enemies.

I bought the UC on Amazon, and I thought it was even better than the TC. Really good. This will be the only version I watch from now on.

Quote from: DallyWhitty on Sat, 25 Jun  2016, 17:53The Ultimate Cut leaked a while back and the additional scenes surfaced on YouTube. I think they've since been taken down. I saw them while they were online and, although I'd need to see them in context to really appreciate them, it says to safe that they flesh things out more. The consensus among those who've seen the Ultimate Cut is that this is the superior version of the film. I loved the theatrical cut regardless but the editing was a little wonky in the first half and you could tell things had been trimmed down.
Not surprising. When movies run long like this, the movie studio usually wants the character-driven stuff cut down. The thinking goes that those huge action sequences all cost a fortune so why pare them down? Just trim the "superfluous" stuff like the cheaper talky, character-oriented scenes.

Studio logic.

That said, everybody knows that you probably won't be allowed to release a nearly three hour superhero film by the studio. Terrio should've written a shorter script. I'm surprised WB greenlit the movie knowing the final product would be very close to three hours.

Quote from: Travesty on Tue, 28 Jun  2016, 21:33
I bought the UC on Amazon, and I thought it was even better than the TC. Really good. This will be the only version I watch from now on.
My thoughts too. More footage equals a better experience in my mind. Because I'd be watching the Theatrical, knowing what was missing in contrast to the UC.

Man, I wish I wasn't so hell bent on picking up the digibook Target edition, cause all these positive reviews/reactions to the UC, in addition to TDK's praise, is literally making my mouth water. Truth be told, I'm still very much a physical media guy, as opposed to digital downloads, but this is incredibly tempting. Tom Petty said "waiting is the hardest part" and boy was he ever on the money!

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

I managed to see the UC online. I need it on my shelf, though.

Man of Steel: 2 hours, 28 minutes
BvS UC: 3 hours

Anyone have 5 hours and 28 minutes spare to watch two movies back to back?