Star Wars Episode 8: The Last Jedi

Started by Catwoman, Sat, 21 May 2016, 21:55

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Catwoman on Sat, 13 Jan  2018, 21:57
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue,  9 Jan  2018, 19:00
Where the hell do I start?

This is a fantastic movie and the 'fans' are ignorant buffoons who simply don't get it. Period.

Bull.

sh*t.
You described yourself and not the film.  ;)
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Mon, 15 Jan  2018, 03:12
Quote from: Catwoman on Sat, 13 Jan  2018, 21:57Bull.

sh*t.
Pretty much. Hamill seems pretty horrified by the movie, full-stop. Which I find very telling. Apart from this page, I'm accustomed to being the only one in the room who sees the brilliance of something. Being in the majority is a refreshing change of pace.
I'm away from a desktop computer, so I'm waiting to get back to one before launching into my LJ analysis. Typing on an iPad for essays isn't really my thing. So give me a couple more days. But you'll see my side of things explained in greater detail. I'll just say the sheep flock together and the lion walks alone! As for Mark, I don't care for him or his opinions as a human being. But the character he's playing? That's another matter.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon, 15 Jan  2018, 15:03

This is a fantastic movie and the 'fans' are ignorant buffoons who simply don't get it. Period.

Bull.

sh*t.

Remarkable comeback. Suddenly I feel like I'm in first grade again.

And actually I described your opinion. Sheep may flock together but if you think this movie is a worthy followup to what the previous seven had built, you're insane. As a standalone, sure, it's alright, but as part of the Star Wars universe it was a glorified fan film that decided to try and tear everything we knew or thought apart purely for the sake of tearing it apart, with no rhyme or reason whatsoever. The opening crawl could have just said "Ignore everything you have seen before, because there was no f***ing point." Which isn't how a movie franchise like this works.

Quote from: Catwoman on Mon, 15 Jan  2018, 19:25Sheep may flock together but if you think this movie is a worthy followup to what the previous seven had built, you're insane.
The older I get, the more I have to accept that the franchise has two amazing films (Star Wars '77 and Empire), one really good film (Jedi) and the rest is fluff, totally forgettable.

Sad.

Quote from: Catwoman on Mon, 15 Jan  2018, 19:25

Bull.

sh*t.

Remarkable comeback. Suddenly I feel like I'm in first grade again.

And actually I described your opinion. Sheep may flock together but if you think this movie is a worthy followup to what the previous seven had built, you're insane. As a standalone, sure, it's alright, but as part of the Star Wars universe it was a glorified fan film that decided to try and tear everything we knew or thought apart purely for the sake of tearing it apart, with no rhyme or reason whatsoever. The opening crawl could have just said "Ignore everything you have seen before, because there was no f***ing point." Which isn't how a movie franchise like this works.
I don't agree, but that's cool. I still love some of you here like brothers.  ;D

But here's what I'm going to do. I have some key points dotted down, and when I return to a Word document I'll get them elaborated upon for an analysis/feature. It'll present my viewpoint in a clear way to show where I'm coming from. My tone here isn't purely personal, but based on a passion that Justice League just didn't provide me with afterwards. I really love this film and what it went with and that will come out in my notes. Look out for it and have an open mind. I'll argue the case for the film, and why it works well as a middle chapter and why it is faithful to the characters and the universe.

Considering I'm the sister of the crowd I know where I stand. And fair enough.

Quote from: Catwoman on Mon, 15 Jan  2018, 21:04
Considering I'm the sister of the crowd I know where I stand. And fair enough.
We've had battles before, but there's no real malice here. Only playful jabbing (I made sure to use the winking emoticon) and other generaliations not aimed at any specific user but rather the internet community as a whole. We're cool.

Here's a collection of clips featuring Mark Hamill, expressing how much he disagreed with Rian Johnson's treatment of luke in TLJ. This includes his humourous, yet honest analysis about how box office isn't an indicator of good quality while talking about TFA.

https://youtu.be/ZzO3DCW4LXw
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

As for Mark, I don't care for him or his opinions as a human being. But the character he's playing? That's another matter.

Interesting. Just curious, is there something ugly about Hamill that people aren't aware about?
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Thu, 18 Jan  2018, 12:00
As for Mark, I don't care for him or his opinions as a human being. But the character he's playing? That's another matter.

Interesting. Just curious, is there something ugly about Hamill that people aren't aware about?

If you're a fan of the nasty petulant childish oompa loompa sitting in the Oval Office, then yes. Otherwise, he's universally adored.

Quote from: Catwoman on Thu, 18 Jan  2018, 17:21
Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Thu, 18 Jan  2018, 12:00

If you're a fan of the nasty petulant childish oompa loompa sitting in the Oval Office, then yes. Otherwise, he's universally adored.
You always rattle on about politics being on this forum, and Lo and behold, look at what you typed above. I wasn't going to elaborate on my original generic comment in detail, and I'm still not going to. I don't have to explain the various reasons why I think Hamill is a dumb prick because it would derail the thread. In short, I don't care one inch what the actor has to say about box office or his own personal taste regarding Luke or anything else. I enjoy this film independent of all that.