Star Wars Episode 8: The Last Jedi

Started by Catwoman, Sat, 21 May 2016, 21:55

Previous topic - Next topic
We can start discussing the next movie now I guess, even though we don't have a title....or do we?

http://comicbook.com/starwars/2016/05/20/star-wars-episode-viii-title-possibly-revealed/

Not sure how I feel about that, though it would fit as the second in this trilogy after the way the Empire Strikes Back was 127 minutes of the good guys almost exclusively getting the crap kicked out of them.

Mark Hamill in 2012:

Mark Hamill in 2016:

This guy deserves major props for getting back in Jedi shape. I just hope I look this good when I'm in my mid-sixties.

I liked The Force Awakens a lot, but one of my biggest gripes was that we didn't get to see Luke in action again. We saw him as an apprentice Jedi in Episodes IV and V, and we saw him attain the rank of Jedi Knight in Episode VI. Now I want to see Jedi MASTER Luke unleash Anakin/Yoda/Sidious levels of hurt on the Knights of Ren. Luke inherited Anakin's Force potential, but we never saw it max out in the Original Trilogy. He needs to be the OG Jedi Master of the Sequel Trilogy. I also hope he still has his green lightsaber from Return of the Jedi.

And yes totally in regards to Luke kicking some ass.

I think we'll get that. I've read a rumour from a reliable source, and

it involves Kylo Ren, and the Knights of Ren stalking Luke and Rey. Rey fights Kylo again, and Luke battles and kills all the Knight of Ren in an amazing display of force powers and yes, also the green lighsabre from ROTJ. Kylo runs off and Luke rescues Rey. Luke wears an all black costume like in ROTJ apparently.

The way they handled Luke in TFA was perfect, in my opinion. He's still the crux of the story - everyone is looking for him. And he's made into a mythic person. The look he gives Rey leads me to believe he knows it's war again in the galaxy, and he's needed. Even if he's not exactly happy about that.

I agree with Dark Knight about the way Luke was handled in TFA being achieved perfectly, and yeah, Luke displaying just how much of a Jedi Master he's become at this stage is going to be something I might even cry to upon seeing. It's going to be absolutely fabulous!

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Tue, 31 May  2016, 07:17
Luke displaying just how much of a Jedi Master he's become at this stage is going to be something I might even cry to upon seeing.

I will cry. There's no might about it. The final shot of the trailer should be Luke igniting his green RotJ lightsaber. Just imagine the response from fans. It would be as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in pleasure, and were suddenly silenced (their nerdgasms ending).

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Tue, 31 May  2016, 14:23
I will cry. There's no might about it. The final shot of the trailer should be Luke igniting his green RotJ lightsaber. Just imagine the response from fans. It would be as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in pleasure, and were suddenly silenced (their nerdgasms ending).

Silver Nemesis friend: "Are you crying?"

Silver Nemesis: "Luke's slaying the Knights of Ren like a boss, and you're looking at me? WATCH THE MOVIE FOR CHRIST'S SAKES!!!!"

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Me watching Luke hack someone's head off with a lightsaber:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=t9EaZtgDftc

Personally, I think calling it "The Last Jedi" is partially meant to make us speculate/assume Luke is going to die (especially after another OT character's death in TFA), indicating to me he's going to be just fine.