Harley Quinn Spin-Off

Started by BatmAngelus, Mon, 16 May 2016, 19:14

Previous topic - Next topic
The all female Ghostbusters can also appear.

Equality Warriors: Civil War Rights.

Rated PC.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed, 18 May  2016, 08:35

Rated PC.

Guess we'll be getting a black Selina and a transgender Ivy then too.

There was already a black catwoman (Eartha Kitt). Anyhow I doubt anyone attempts that again, Kitt was the least popular of the adam west catwomen and Halle Berry's was a disaster so I doubt that gets repeated again any time soon if for no other reason than to distance itself from Berry's film.

One thing DC could do in a later film is try their own version of a civil war film but to the extent of JLA vs suicide squad. I liked civil war but one thing the comic did that the movie did not was have a conflicted character (spider-man) essentially play both sides due to confusion or where their alliances should lie as they saw ideals from both. DC could use a character like Catwoman to do this

Quote from: riddler on Wed, 18 May  2016, 14:30

There was already a black catwoman (Eartha Kitt). Anyhow I doubt anyone attempts that again, Kitt was the least popular of the adam west catwomen and Halle Berry's was a disaster so I doubt that gets repeated again any time soon if for no other reason than to distance itself from Berry's film.

One thing DC could do in a later film is try their own version of a civil war film but to the extent of JLA vs suicide squad. I liked civil war but one thing the comic did that the movie did not was have a conflicted character (spider-man) essentially play both sides due to confusion or where their alliances should lie as they saw ideals from both. DC could use a character like Catwoman to do this
Wasn't Catwoman black or mixed-race in Batman: Year One?  And that's a popular graphic novel.

I really can't see how anyone would think that the 2004 Catwoman movie failed because the lead actress was black, and I'd go as far as to say that filmmakers were racist if they consciously decided never to cast a black actress as Catwoman again simply on the basis of that film's failure.

Surely a black Catwoman makes as much sense as a blonde Catwoman?  At least Catwoman has traditionally had black hair in the comics.  And besides, Catwoman is not a character defined by race, although I'd prefer that whoever plays Catwoman next brings a genuine grittiness and toughness to the part.  She's supposed to be a street-woman from the school of hard knocks; not some plummy musical theatre Disney princess... :-X
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: riddler on Wed, 18 May  2016, 14:30

Love this idea. Would be fun to watch Selina play the field not so much out of conflicted ideals but because that's just what she does. She walks both sides of the line and sometimes straddles it and it makes her such a badass, enjoyable character.

Quote from: Catwoman on Wed, 18 May  2016, 08:58

Rated PC.

Joking aside, I'd be watching this movie on opening day.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed, 18 May  2016, 23:48
Quote from: Catwoman on Wed, 18 May  2016, 08:58

Rated PC.

Joking aside, I'd be watching this movie on opening day.

I will unless there's an obvious agenda; ie: changing a character's race, ethnicity, or sexual orientation in order to try to look "progressive." Then I'll be skipping it. The way that sh*t is permeating through comic books, wouldn't surprise me to see it happen on the screen. Hope I'm wrong, or if they do it, it isn't with this movie because this sounds right up my alley so far.

I agree it's continuing a trend, however I'm reasoning Gotham Girls has been a 'thing' for a while now. And if Margot Robbie is as good as she seems to be as Harley, I'll be wanting more.

Well if we do get a Harley Quinn spin-off hopefully she'll get a better costume.

Quote from: Vampfox on Sat, 28 May  2016, 03:49
Well if we do get a Harley Quinn spin-off hopefully she'll get a better costume.
I quite like the costume she has in SS. The BTAS suit also has a cameo apparently, but she doesn't wear it.