Nolans Gotham
0 (0%)
Gotham TV Series
0 (0%)
BVS Gotham
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Which Gotham would you like to live in?
Ohhhh, that looks like fun! Lemme try! *Lemme try!* Ball up the fist, reach way back, and assert your... OW!!

Quote from: galenj01 on Tue,  3 May  2016, 14:37
I chose Batman Returns' Gotham.  :-X

Shouldn't the Gothams out of Batman v Superman and, well, "Gotham" ( ;D) also be options?  :)
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Frankly I wouldn't want to live in any version of Gotham. But if I had to choose, it'd be Gotham 97.

Why? Because it was a city of justice, a city of love. A city of peace, for everyone of us.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Tue,  3 May  2016, 15:38
Quote from: galenj01 on Tue,  3 May  2016, 14:37
I chose Batman Returns' Gotham.  :-X

Shouldn't the Gothams out of Batman v Superman and, well, "Gotham" ( ;D) also be options?  :)

Added  ;D

I chose Forever Gotham with 92' being a close second!
Ohhhh, that looks like fun! Lemme try! *Lemme try!* Ball up the fist, reach way back, and assert your... OW!!

B66 Gotham.

Lounging by the beach, driving cadillacs and livin' life in peace.

B89 Gotham City. Dim, run down and slightly dingy, together with fancy Art Deco and mass murdering pranksters. Looks cozyto live in.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed,  4 May  2016, 08:21
B66 Gotham.

Lounging by the beach, driving cadillacs and livin' life in peace.

I want to change my vote to Batman 66 Gotham. That was a bright, sunny metropolis full of beautiful women and interesting art galleries, museums and exhibitions. It was also incredibly safe on account of the criminal fraternity's chronic incompetence. I wouldn't mind living there one bit.

95 gotham to see what all the fuss about the Nygmatech box was  ;D

I chose '89 because I'm such a huge fan of the iconic design. It would actually be a dream come true to walk those streets. Though I have to admit that if I had no knowledge of Batman whatsoever, that would probably be a nightmare.

So as a second, I'd say Batman Returns' Gotham. It's quaint and charming.

I can't imagine wanting to live in any version of Gotham City. But if it had to happen, I'd probably choose the Gotham City from B&R. It seems like a relatively safer place, corruption is minimal and it has cool architecture. There came a point when the western world glommed on to this crappy modern architecture because it's boring, vanilla, ugly and generic, and therefore less culturally offensive to certain alien elements of society (at least less offensive to look at than Mediterranean architecture or classicism or deco or whatever).

But the stuff in Schumacher's Batman movies is visually interesting. Personality counts for a lot.