Marvel's Daredevil (Netflix)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Thu, 31 Jul 2014, 17:11

Previous topic - Next topic
Not optimistic. Season one was one of the best things I've ever seen. Season two was one of the worst things I've ever seen. Season three wasn't much better.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Thu, 19 May  2022, 22:02I'm excited. And frightened.

The television industry has changed a lot since 2015-18, and not necessarily for the better. But I can't wait to see Cox back as Daredevil, and until I'm given a reason to be concerned I'm going to maintain an open and enthusiastic perspective on this.

Keep the cast from the Netflix show, stay true to the character and avoid adapting stories that have already been adapted, and we should be good. It would also be nice if they could bring Drew Goddard back to write an episode or two.
Based on the fact that the Netflix shows have been ported over to Disney+, I think it makes sense to assume the previous series remains canon.

What concerns me is, well, DISNEY. Okay, so Disney is bending their usual rules to bring the old shows into the fold. But in terms of content, I think we shouldn't be too surprised if the show going forward maybe isn't as unrelentingly dark as, say, season 01 was. You know, where Matt weighed the pros and cons of whacking out the Kingpin once and for all. Or all the Shadowland-lite stuff.

I'm not predicting anything, you understand. Just saying we should perhaps consider the possibility that the show might take a bit more of a lighter direction going forward.

Prove me wrong, Disney+!

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Fri, 20 May  2022, 00:38
Based on the fact that the Netflix shows have been ported over to Disney+, I think it makes sense to assume the previous series remains canon.

What concerns me is, well, DISNEY. Okay, so Disney is bending their usual rules to bring the old shows into the fold. But in terms of content, I think we shouldn't be too surprised if the show going forward maybe isn't as unrelentingly dark as, say, season 01 was. You know, where Matt weighed the pros and cons of whacking out the Kingpin once and for all. Or all the Shadowland-lite stuff.

I'm not predicting anything, you understand. Just saying we should perhaps consider the possibility that the show might take a bit more of a lighter direction going forward.

Prove me wrong, Disney+!

After watching Kingpin in Hawkeye, I reckon it would be wise to assume anything that involves him and Daredevil is going to be very light going forward. Put it this way, I have a hard time imagining Wilson Fisk can keep a low profile after everything that happened in Daredevil Season Three. I have an even harder time the same Fisk who bashed a man's face in with a car door until his head exploded into a watermelon would associate himself with that goofy gang led by Echo.

I'm happy to see Cox and D'Onofrio again, but I reckon it's better to keep your hopes and expectations in check.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Charlie Cox is voicing Daredevil in the new animated series Spider-Man: Freshman Year which is set to debut on Disney+ in 2024: https://thedirect.com/article/charlie-cox-daredevil-disney-spider-man-show This is meant to be a prequel series set before the MCU Spider-Man joined the Avengers, though its canonicity is a little sketchy at present. Here's what Daredevil will look like in the show.

If this series is canonical then from Matt's perspective it must take place around the time of the first season of the Netflix show. Presumably Daredevil's secret identity will remake unknown to Spider-Man, since Peter clearly didn't know about Matt's abilities when they met in No Way Home.

The new show has been announced at SDCC.

Marvel Studios' Daredevil: Born Again, an Original series starring Charlie Cox and Vincent D'Onofrio, streaming Spring 2024 on @DisneyPlus. #SDCC2022

https://www.twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/1551000839283585024
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

This is a fairly natural progression from season 3.

But season 3 somewhat dabbled with the Born Again story. So, I'm wondering how this thing will be explored. Has it been confirmed that all three previous seasons of the show are still in continuity? I mean, in a sense, it kind of doesn't matter whether they're in continuity or not. They still exist.

Anyway. It's not that I have a bad feeling about this. Yet. I'm just a little confused, that's all.

The latest She-Hulk trailer confirms Daredevil's appearance.

It looks like the reports of him getting a new red and yellow costume based on his original Silver Age suit could be true. Or is the splash of yellow merely the colour of the car headlights? Either way, looking good.

Judging from the distance of that leap, Marvel has amped Matt's superhuman powers. I expected they would after they amped Kingpin's strength in Hawkeye.