Beautiful Lie

Started by BatmAngelus, Thu, 28 Apr 2016, 17:41

Previous topic - Next topic
This was a beautiful haunting piece on the soundtrack and people have been editing it over past versions of the Wayne murders.

I'd be curious to see a cut with the Burton take on the murders cut with Bruce running from the funeral in Batman Forever, though there is a bit of a continuity issue with Bruce looking much older in BF.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

The opening scene was great, without a doubt. Some people may complain that the origin story is redundant, but we're getting Batman's background edited into an opening montage to convey his personal tragedy, without stretching it for over an hour. Pacing wise, I found it to be very economical and effective.

And come on, who else didn't like the bats lifting him out of the cave?
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

It was fine. And not literal.

For BvS, I thought the death scene was needed, as a way to juxtapose Bruce's hatred towards Superman. The movie starts with the death scene, which is where Bruce became an orphan. It then cuts to the fight in Metropolis, where Wayne Tower is destroyed, and we see a little girl become an orphan, which Bruce blames Superman for.

So for me, I thought it was extremely affective.

I really liked Bruce Wayne's parents death scene in BvS as well.  I like all their death scenes in all the movies, actually.

I dont get peoples hate for "another" death scene. Do people not realize his parents death is the reason he becomes batman?! lol

Quote from: eledoremassis02 on Sat, 30 Apr  2016, 08:04
I dont get peoples hate for "another" death scene. Do people not realize his parents death is the reason he becomes batman?! lol
Because people hate Snyder and relish knocking BvS whenever they can.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat, 30 Apr  2016, 08:35Because people hate Snyder and relish knocking BvS whenever they can.
Do they?  :-\  Hmm, well I can only speak for myself and I really like Dawn of the Dead, Watchmen and even the much maligned Sucker Punch.  :)
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Sat, 30 Apr  2016, 09:52
Do they?  :-\  Hmm, well I can only speak for myself and I really like Dawn of the Dead, Watchmen and even the much maligned Sucker Punch.  :)

Let's not sit here and pretend there aren't those who just want to knock it out of sheer pettiness. When the Nolan Batman films were in full swing, the snide comments towards the Burton films, which just prior to Batman Begins enjoyed a rather positive reception, was getting raked over the coals. For evidently, no good reason, other than push the agenda that the Nolan Batman films were far superior than anything we got before the summer of 2005.  ::)

Has that goofy mindset subsided now? You bet! That's to be expected though. The Nolan films have concluded, and rather than just comparing which cinematic Batman universe one prefers over the other, we also have the Marvel vs DC films element to everyone's arguments that is now, and has been, in full progress.

P.S. I had no issues with the Wayne's murder opening credits scene. I liked seeing the DCEU version of Bruce's parents being killed. I would think it would be jarring if we didn't get that.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Batman Forever style:
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...