Batman worst situation?

Started by Catbat, Tue, 26 Apr 2016, 15:35

Previous topic - Next topic

What was Batman's most difficult moment?

Stealing of the batrang by the Poodle Lady
0 (0%)
His first fight with Catwoman
0 (0%)
Catwoman puncturing his flank
1 (20%)
The Police shooting him on the rooftop
0 (0%)
The hijacking of the Batmobile
4 (80%)
Penguins' missles in the sewers
0 (0%)
Final confrontation with Catwoman and Max
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Batman found himself in many difficult situations in BR: when was he on the brink of totally losing control and/or being severely harmed?

You decide! :-)

Quote from: Catbat on Tue, 26 Apr  2016, 15:35
Batman found himself in many difficult situations in BR: when was he on the brink of totally losing control and/or being severely harmed?

You decide! :-)
Being framed for murder I guess.  I still don't know how, or if, he ever got out of that one.  :-\
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

His toughest moment?  Trying to break through to Selina by tearing his mask off.

Quote from: KeatonisBatman on Thu, 28 Apr  2016, 00:58
His toughest moment?  Trying to break through to Selina by tearing his mask off.

Definitely the most hopeless moment for him.

Yep. He's effectively naked there. Trying to wrestle back control, and he doesn't. Selina scars his face and Max shoots him.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 28 Apr  2016, 03:31
Yep. He's effectively naked there. Trying to wrestle back control, and he doesn't. Selina scars his face and Max shoots him.

Your sound contribution made me add one more option to the list - thanks.
I'd go for Catwoman stabbing Batman's flank for the same reason: he struggled to have the situation under control but was eventually punished with possibly one of the most brutal assaults he ever had to endure.

Wish I could change my vote

Quote from: Catwoman on Thu, 28 Apr  2016, 02:27
Quote from: KeatonisBatman on Thu, 28 Apr  2016, 00:58

Definitely the most hopeless moment for him.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 28 Apr  2016, 03:31

This. What makes the moment even more tragic is Bruce never found out why Selina wanted to kill Schreck.

The Batmobile hijack was the best moment where he had to outsmart the Penguin to survive.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I think having his Batmobile hijacked was a PR nightmare for him, although the ultimate ramifications of that event were pretty much glossed over. Then again maybe Burton was wise to not get himself caught up in the web of explaining the public state of mind at every turn. Yes he covered the public's outrage as Batman was being framed, but he didn't feel any need to work out a scenario where the public's trust was regained either in view of the Penguin being killed and a popular political personality dying. Pretty much every public figure was defaced in this story. But I think there's a degree of latitude you have to give these films to move the plot along so the film can achieve it's entertainment value and not get bogged down on matters that might be better served in another installment.