Who should be the villain in Affleck's solo Batman film?

Started by johnnygobbs, Wed, 13 Apr 2016, 15:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think should be the main villain in Affleck's forthcoming solo Batman movie?

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Tue,  3 May  2016, 17:09
When I heard this rumour the first story to pop into my head was Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth. WB has a problem with their DC movies going over budget, so a more claustrophobic setting would help keep costs down.

I'm hoping they'll have Batman trapped in Arkham or some similarly unpleasant environment, having to fight his way through a gauntlet of classic foes. Tonally it would be a cross between Game of Death and The Temple of Doom, with a heavy dose of the Arkham games thrown in for good measure.
I agree that if Affleck is looking at incorporating multiple villains in his Batman film, an Arkham Asylum set story makes the most sense.

It does however sound like it will be a one-off movie for Affleck however, since a multi-villain movie leaves less room for novelty when it comes to sequels.  Plus, although I'm sure Affleck will be attract top talent in view of his reputation as a filmmaker, I do wonder if a multi-villain movie might not only be overcrowded but also skewed to less high-profile actors/actresses since it's unlikely that a Nicholson or Carrey-sized star would want to share the screen with half a dozen other rogues.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: Travesty on Wed, 13 Apr  2016, 17:11
I want Clayface so bad, but I know we'll get The Joker.

I would love to see Clayface as well. If we're going with a Arkham setting, where alot of villains are to be featured, I could kinda see them going with the Preston Payne Clayface route, kinda like in Grant Morrison's Arkham Asylum, but ideally, a more Matt Hagen/Basil Karlo shapeshifting Clayface would be right on the money. I've been wanting to see that in live action ever since I first watched the 2-part "Feat of Clay" episodes from Batman the Animated Seris back in the day.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Tue,  3 May  2016, 17:09
When I heard this rumour the first story to pop into my head was Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth. WB has a problem with their DC movies going over budget, so a more claustrophobic setting would help keep costs down.

I'm hoping they'll have Batman trapped in Arkham or some similarly unpleasant environment, having to fight his way through a gauntlet of classic foes. Tonally it would be a cross between Game of Death and The Temple of Doom, with a heavy dose of the Arkham games thrown in for good measure.
My thoughts too.

Quote from: Catwoman on Tue,  3 May  2016, 17:13
Keeping the whole movie within the creepy confines of Arkham would be really cool. Once it's over and he's won and steps out for fresh air and sees the city across the river (I would have Arkham be one massive building instead several buildings on one island to keep him from going outdoors until the end) there's this sense of relief and breathing for the audience too.

That would be the perfect ending. Have Batman emerge from the shadows into the daylight, basking in the warmth of the sun like Andy Dufresne embracing the rain in The Shawshank Redemption.