Justice League Part One....filming underway!

Started by Grissom, Tue, 12 Apr 2016, 15:51

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: riddler on Fri, 14 Jul  2017, 04:24I liked Batman v Superman but let's call a spade a spade. The first ever movie featuring Batman and Superman together along with even Wonder Woman was at least a step behind Iron Man, the Avengers, Captain America 2 and 3, Guardians of the Galaxy, Deadpool, heck maybe even Ant-Man. Even if you enjoyed the film, you'd have to admit that given the stakes it was a let down to some extent.
I disagree. The movie felt like a legit continuation of MOS. It gave clear and distinct arcs to Superman and Batman both. Both characters ended the movie in very different places (metaphorically and literally) than where they started. Both got exactly what they wanted... at the very moment that it didn't matter anymore.

Further, we see the conclusion of Wonder Woman's journey while her movie shows us the beginning so there's some clever storytelling there.

Subsequent films were set up perfectly. The future looks bright indeed for the DCEU.

Marvel's latest offerings have really left me cold. Maybe it's because they're reaching into a tier of characters about which I care nothing. Maybe it's because they've been far more overt with, ahem, obnoxious agendas. Or maybe it's because their supposed feature films look more like direct-to-TV movies while the DCEU so far seems CINEMATIC. Maybe it's just that I'm a DC guy first and foremost.

But no matter what, the DCEU seems far more interesting to me. They've made some creative decisions I don't agree with but I at least understand why they've been made.

DC has always been the infinitely more interesting comic universe to me anyway. I'm relieved that it finally looks like DC's stable of characters and concepts will finally start being explored on the big screen.

Life is good.

A new image of the Steppenwolf toy gives us a clearer indication of what he'll look like.

I like it.

I'm sure we see Aquaman dodging Steppenwolf's axe in the trailer.

My guess is that scene has to do with the missing scientists, or something Cyborg related.

Ezra Miller had this to say:

"In Diana and Bruce, you have two very different veteran mentalities. Wonder Woman has this powerful compassion. Bruce is more irritable, less tolerant. Barry's in total awe of them. He knows this is the big leagues."

Also, there's toy versions of the Nightcrawler and Flying Fox which showcase the designs more clearly.

Gotta say, I like these. Especially the Flying Fox (the bottom picture) which strongly evokes the BTAS Batmobile. The Nightcrawler design isn't as streamlined, but given it can climb on walls I'm okay with that. I like how Snyder has expanded upon Batman's arsenal here. Very cool stuff. Batman is a character who should be toyetic. The gadgets and the vehicles are a huge part of the character's appeal.

A new trailer is due this weekend. Bring it on!

Wonder Woman had nice posters, but I like this one the most. It's visually striking and creative. If no other JL posters meet this standard, I won't be that upset now. Because this one is all I really need. But that said, hopefully WB maintains this standard. It's like a live-action painting as Silver Nemesis demonstrates with his comparison.

As for the new trailer itself?

You all know I was sold on this project since the beginning. But I'm loving how it's all shaping up. Snyder has raised his visual game if anything. Batman looking at the batsignal? Wow. Wonder Woman dodging a bullet and kicking ass? Hell yes. This is going to be a fan pleaser.

The fact we see Themyscira again straight after Wonder Woman does wonders for the DCEU's continuity. I like that flow. And you know what else I like? Steppenwolf. I feel a sense of dread with him, especially with Aquaman stating he may die, and Wonder Woman imploring them all to stay together as one unit. Which leads me to believe the big, bad Steppenwolf is going to take them all down....before Superman comes back to save the day.

As for Superman, I don't think they could've handled the marketing any better. He's mentioned by Bruce. Bruce looks at a Superman hologram. We see a Superman themed newspaper headline. League members look at the Superman memorial in Metropolis. That's more than enough. Looking back, revealing Doomsday in the BvS trailers was a huge mistake and they aren't going to do that with Superman.

To my eyes it's still a Snyder film. No question about that.

Ben said he's on board and thrilled to be Batman. That's enough for me. Comic Con was a win-win.

Holy. f***ing. sh*t.

I can't wait. Ugh but I've got to. Ugh but I don't want to. Ughhhhh.

Another good trailer. But from now on, I think I'll avoid any more new footage until the film comes out.

I like it appears that Alfred has more of a role this time around. I like his quip referring to the Penguin too.

If Batman has a part in resurrecting Superman, his path towards redemption is complete.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei