Justice League Part One....filming underway!

Started by Grissom, Tue, 12 Apr 2016, 15:51

Previous topic - Next topic
Jett is saying that Whedon was brought in to salvage JL, because it was so bad. The guy has no class whatsoever.
QuoteSo, where is JUSTICE LEAGUE at right now? Well, we know that additional photography will be (or currently is) taking place under the helm of Joss Whedon. Based on all the turmoil surrounding this film for over a year now, it's hard to believe that the stuff that Whedon will shoot is nothing more than standard pick ups and what-not. No, they're trying to salvage this film.

And you know what? That's perfectly OK. If the changes that have been – and will be made in the near future – do indeed save this movie, then I'm all for it. Hell, there's even a chance that ALL of the aforementioned changes just might make the final product a damn good film.
http://www.batman-on-film.com/dc-comics-on-film_JUSTICE-LEAGUE_Roven-explains-Whedon_5-26-17.html

Quoteit's hard to believe that the stuff that Whedon will shoot is nothing more than standard pick ups and what-not. No, they're trying to salvage this film.
Is he really coming to this conclusion based on nothing but a hunch?

Where are the facts in journalism these days?
Where is the honor in journalism these days?

And don't get me started on the 'unnamed sources' crap either. We have actually gotten to the point where unnamed, unverifiable sources can literally say anything and the media treats it as fact. 'Unnamed sources' are the perfect cover to say anything you want. This is nothing but an opinion piece from Jett. He's typing his gut feel as fact.

Turmoil? Salvage the film? Just get a load of that language. The 'Joss Whedon made JL a good film' narrative is now in overdrive and that's what the likes of Jett will be spinning come November. I guess Joss Whedon shot all the footage we see in the trailer too. This guy would claim he's impartial, but he did proudly label himself Chris Nolan's butt kisser.

Sat, 27 May 2017, 02:31 #112 Last Edit: Sat, 27 May 2017, 17:32 by thecolorsblend
It's a question of time. Frankly, too much of the JL movie is baked in now. There's nowhere near enough time to change much of anything related to the film. You can do pickups and maybe insert a few scenes here and there. But basically the idea of changing all that much with the movie is out of the question. Frankly, I'd be amazed if Whedon does much more than reshoot a scene or three and supervise the final mixing of the soundtrack.

This isn't like stitching sh*t together in Windows Live Moviemaker. A ton of stuff (not least of which is money) goes into getting a movie into an editing suite these days.

Snyder is now in a no-win situation. If JL is legitimately awesome, Whedon gets all the credit. If JL is a train wreck, Snyder gets all the blame. And all this because he's trying to do right by his family!

I always think my opinion of Jett couldn't sink any lower. But then he goes and proves me wrong every time. That entire POS editorial is low, even for him.

Quote from: Travesty on Fri, 26 May  2017, 19:02
Jett is saying that Whedon was brought in to salvage JL, because it was so bad. The guy has no class whatsoever.

I understand you want to prove that Jett is an utter scumbag, Travesty, but you shouldn't have paid any attention to the garbage he wrote.

The pathetic bastard resorted to clickbait because he's irrelevant. Let's not give any time of our day. With that said, yes, he's utter scum and no better than the pieces of sh*t who are overjoyed about Snyder leaving. Well the jokes on them because Snyder will still be credited for directing JL.

Clickbait-chasing bastards like comicbookmovie.com, Jett, ComicBook.com, Birth.Movies.Death and so on, are deplorable scum. I hold them in the highest levels of contempt.

Well, to brighten up the mood, here are fans paying tribute to Snyder following the news.

Source: https://twitter.com/hashtag/zacksnyder
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sat, 27 May  2017, 03:07
Quote from: Travesty on Fri, 26 May  2017, 19:02

I understand you want to prove that Jett is an utter scumbag, Travesty, but you shouldn't have paid any attention to the garbage he wrote.

The pathetic bastard resorted to clickbait because he's irrelevant. Let's not give any time of our day. With that said, yes, he's utter scum and no better than the pieces of sh*t who are overjoyed about Snyder leaving. Well the jokes on them because Snyder will still be credited for directing JL.

Clickbait-chasing bastards like comicbookmovie.com, Jett, ComicBook.com, Birth.Movies.Death and so on, are deplorable scum. I hold them in the highest levels of contempt.

Please don't attack other websites or their owners who are not here to speak for themselves - it goes against our site rules and I would ask you to respect that. Thanks.

Sat, 27 May 2017, 23:22 #115 Last Edit: Sat, 27 May 2017, 23:24 by The Laughing Fish
Quote from: Paul (ral) on Sat, 27 May  2017, 16:52
Please don't attack other websites or their owners who are not here to speak for themselves - it goes against our site rules and I would ask you to respect that. Thanks.

Yeah, well if people like Jett had a conscience and an ounce of decency by respecting the fact that somebody's daughter died, instead of getting excited over a film director's departure because of those news AND then make tasteless rumours based on those news, I wouldn't have started that foul-mouthed rant against them in the first place. I have no respect for such ghoulish behaviour.

In any case, I won't be giving them any more attention to desecrate this forum, and I encourage everybody else to do the same.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sat, 27 May  2017, 02:31
It's a question of time. Frankly, too much of the JL movie is baked in now. There's nowhere near enough time to change much of anything related to the film. You can do pickups and maybe insert a few scenes here and there. But basically the idea of changing all that much with the movie is out of the question. Frankly, I'd be amazed if Whedon does much more than reshoot a scene or three and supervise the final mixing of the soundtrack.
Basically. A lot of the film has already been shot. It's the equivalent of baking a cake, someone else removing it from the oven, maybe adding a little extra cream and then serving it.

Ordinarily I'd 100% agree with Ral about badmouthing other sites/site owners, and I do think we should refrain from using particularly inflammatory and nasty language.  But I must say, I am disgusted by Jett's comments.  Bearing in mind the tragic reason for Zack's departure from Justice League, it is frankly offensive of the likes of Jett to rubbish him and talk of 'salvaging' his work.  It is a deeply insensitive and shallow statement to make in light of what Zack and Deborah Snyder have been dealing with recently.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Wait, what? Danny Elfman is now scoring Justice League.

Yeah, apparently he's scoring it, and it seems people are upset about it. I guess they see this as WB trying to fix a broken movie again?

I dunno, it's getting downright exhausting talking about this movie now.