Justice League Part One....filming underway!

Started by Grissom, Tue, 12 Apr 2016, 15:51

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Tue, 10 Jan  2017, 19:42
Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Mon,  9 Jan  2017, 05:04Here is a brand new picture of the entire team, minus Superman.
That appears to be a matter of severe consternation among Superman fans. I mean, it's almost like they didn't see the ending of BVS or something, I dunno...

Well, a lot of them think BvS was about Snyder's hatred for Superman as a character, so I'm not surprised. ::)
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

In JL-related news, David Goyer is going to co-write the script for the new Green Lantern movie.

What do people think of this? While I can describe Goyer as somebody who can, at best, come up with interesting ideas sometimes, I was hoping for somebody else because I find Goyer hit-or-miss. Plus, I'm still baffled by the anti-Martian Manhunter comments he made a few years ago, but now he's going to contribute making something as completely outlandish as Green Lantern.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I will say Goyer is an odd choice. If MOS and BB are anything to go by, his instinct seems to be a grounded take on the material. And maybe you can get by with that when it comes Batman and Superman but I don't know how well that policy will work with Green Lantern.

Here's my rough guess about the film's outline based on what we know.

I'm taking creative license on a few points. But here we go:

A flashback centring on the motherboxes.
Batman seeks out Flash and Aquaman.
Wonder Woman seeks out Cyborg.
The group eventually forms and meet Gordon on the Gotham rooftop.
Gordon tells them about the Parademons on Stryker's Island and the missing scientists.
The League takes on the Parademons from within the Flying Fox.
They suffer a loss, and regroup back in the batcave.
Steppenwolf is close to dominating Gotham/Metropolis and prepares his endgame.
Lex is released from Arkham, 'proving' he was of an unsound mind/mind controlled.
To redeem himself, Lex says he can possibly bring Superman back via the scout ship.
Superman is resurrected.
Superman, in the black suit, joins the League and defeats Steppenwolf.
Batman and Superman shake hands finally, with a friendship now solidified.
Superman addresses a joyous world in the red and blue costume.
Superman confronts Lex, thanking him but also putting him on notice.
Clark proposes to Lois at the Kent farm, who says yes.
An end scene with Bruce buying/establishing a hall of justice or watchtower.
The heroes commit to the League, but go their separate ways until the 'next time'.

How does that sound?

Sounds plausible to me. Is the rehabilitation of Lex Luthor part of your creative license?

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Mon, 16 Jan  2017, 04:56
Sounds plausible to me. Is the rehabilitation of Lex Luthor part of your creative license?
Yes. However upon reflection, I'm not sure how that would play out, considering Clark's body is at the Kent farm. I'm guessing Lois becomes involved somehow.

Another close-up image of the team.

Wonder Woman taking center stage.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Love it!

You know the picture of the Kents Snyder tweeted recently? I bet it's a flashback sequence that will depict when the Kents first found Clark as a baby. We haven't seen that sequence yet. It's not essential, but it would contrast really well with the Superman resurrection scenes.