Justice League Part One....filming underway!

Started by Grissom, Tue, 12 Apr 2016, 15:51

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sun, 18 Sep  2016, 02:34
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun, 18 Sep  2016, 01:26Now that's a real bat signal. Big and bold. Snyder doesn't play around.
True... but from a practical standpoint, a "real" bat signal would use lasers in today's world.

Nygma, is that you?

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sat, 17 Sep  2016, 07:31
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat, 17 Sep  2016, 03:28Toyetic slurs will no doubt be slung. However I don't have an issue with the B&R ice suits either. Batman has a variety of suits, gadgets and vehicles to fight crime. Especially after a career of 20 plus years, the guy is going to have diversity in his arsenal. It's a man who has prepared for almost every eventuality. As a viewer, I can appreciate getting something different every movie. I mean, it happens in the comics so the movies shouldn't really be any different.
That's one way of looking at it.

Another way of looking at it is Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor and all the rest have had new outfits in every subsequent Marvel movie. The reason for this is so the toy companies have something new to offer the kiddos every time around. Nobody seems too bothered by their toyeticism so why should it be a problem with the DCEU?

I mean, there's not a double standard here among the anti-DCEU bunch, RIGHT? They're holding each MCU and DCEU movie to the exact same standard, RIGHT?

That's another double standard we have to worry about. Because the Nolan trilogy double standards wasn't enough. And that hurts more because I'm an MCU fan. It's a bloody shame.

But let's face it, the MCU double standards have already started. People were saying Wonder Woman was unnecessary in BvS, but I thought she served more of a purpose than Spider-Man did in Civil War.

One can say whatever they want about WW's role in BvS, but nobody can deny that she is now a co-founder of the JL. Spidey had no business being in Civil War at all, unless you want to argue that Tony Stark wanted to help him as a way to ease his guilt for being blamed for the young dead soldier in Sokovia. Still, bringing a teenager to hunt down a fugitive assassin is pretty irresponsible of Stark, if you think about it.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Wonder Woman's role has more purpose than Spider-Man's. Let's have a look:

Wonder Woman, like Batman, is disillusioned with the world. Whereas Batman's disillusionment manifested itself in harsher crime fighting methods, Wonder Woman's response was to retreat and keep a low profile.

Therefore they are kindred spirits dealing with a similar issue differently. Wonder Woman gave up, whereas Batman was on the verge of burnout. Wonder Woman realises she needs to help, and Batman realises he needs to step back from the abyss. They can help each other through it, with Superman's sacrifice inspiring them both.

Introducing Wonder Woman now effectively makes her Batman's first metahuman recruit. Given their similar starting point, it makes a ton of sense that they're the two heroes to commence this mission together. Introducing Wonder Woman in BvS strengthens their connection, along with the audiences'.

Spider-Man, on the other hand, is just there for an action scene. And to please Mr Stark. It's a decent action scene, and I liked Holland, but it's as token as things get. Diana was intertwined throughout, and not just introduced at the end.

Y'know, the more I think about it, the more I like the fact that the Wonder Woman movie will take place during World War I. Since Diana's arc seems to be an idealistic Amazonian ambassador who lost all faith in man's world, you couldn't pick a better conflict for her to be beaten down than World War I. Man, that war was MESSED UP. Nothing that happened in World War II can compare to the insane atrocities from World War I, the shock and awe of mechanization and so forth. I could easily believe that Diana would just freaking give up after World War I.

The most likely explanation for the change is because Captain America now has a monopoly on World War II in the public consciousness. But whatever the reason, WB (or whoever) is making the right choice by using World War I for Wonder Woman's story.

Exactly. War is war, but WW1 had such a horrid waste of life. The new-fangled weapons and technology (machine guns and tanks) combined with outdated tactics and incompetent commanders led to the creation of a stalemate where both sides would blindly send men to their deaths all for a gain of a few hundred metres, only to be lost the next day.

Sure, she's 5000 years old. But the choice of World War 1 also plays up to the fact Wonder Woman is a lot older than Captain America. She's lived every one of those years, too. Whereas Cap was chilling in ice. What I also like, is that cinematically, Wonder Woman hasn't appeared on the big screen once. I dig the 'real world' concept that since WW1, Diana has been living amongst us but has been retired. When she drops down to protect Batman from Doomsday's energy blast, she's finally outing herself to the world again. She's back. And for the world at large, it's their first time seeing her too. Her career starts again.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon, 19 Sep  2016, 07:10
Exactly. War is war, but WW1 had such a horrid waste of life. The new-fangled weapons and technology (machine guns and tanks) combined with outdated tactics and incompetent commanders led to the creation of a stalemate where both sides would blindly send men to their deaths all for a gain of a few hundred metres, only to be lost the next day.

Sure, she's 5000 years old. But the choice of World War 1 also plays up to the fact Wonder Woman is a lot older than Captain America. She's lived every one of those years, too. Whereas Cap was chilling in ice. What I also like, is that cinematically, Wonder Woman hasn't appeared on the big screen once. I dig the 'real world' concept that since WW1, Diana has been living amongst us but has been retired. When she drops down to protect Batman from Doomsday's energy blast, she's finally outing herself to the world again. She's back. And for the world at large, it's their first time seeing her too. Her career starts again.

All of that would definitely reflect her dialogue about losing her faith in humanity long ago in BvS.

Meanwhile, Snyder has tweeted this.

Some people have speculated that the storyboard contains Deathstroke, if you zoom in carefully at the picture.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

They just released a short little BTS featurette. Looks like they're having fun making the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ilFzVLWPog

Awesome, thanks. I think the team dynamic will be great based on this brief clip.

I'm getting a positive Avengers vibe from that featurette. The first Avengers, by the way. Not the overhyped Age of Ultron.

Looks like they're entering the batcave. Now I'm really excited.