Justice League Part One....filming underway!

Started by Grissom, Tue, 12 Apr 2016, 15:51

Previous topic - Next topic
The film went before cameras yesterday and there is still a lot of speculation about who the villain or villains will be. There is a lot that alludes to Darkseid but two recent, separate reports say it could actually be between Atlantis and the surface dwellers. We won't know for sure until we see a synopsis.

I would guess, obviously I don't know any more than anyone other than the crew and cast, but I would guess there will be some "earthly" battle like the Atlantis idea against a backdrop of something super ominous and mysterious, then at the end, either with the battle won and the good guys celebrating or before it even ends, Darkseid makes his presence known with an omega beam that reduces someone important (not a JLer and I hope not Lois) to instant ash.

If he's the villain it feels like they almost HAVE to do that at some point in one of the two movies (or if Supes gets one more solo flick which seems unlikely with the "Dawn" of the JL), a live action version of the Dan Turpin scene in STAS which I watched last night on Youtube and it had me in tears. The rage and heartbreak of Superman and his tearful words at Dan's grave may be the best scene of STAS, but also one of the hardest to watch.

Quote from: Catwoman on Tue, 12 Apr  2016, 21:21
I would guess, obviously I don't know any more than anyone other than the crew and cast, but I would guess there will be some "earthly" battle like the Atlantis idea against a backdrop of something super ominous and mysterious, then at the end, either with the battle won and the good guys celebrating or before it even ends, Darkseid makes his presence known with an omega beam that reduces someone important (not a JLer and I hope not Lois) to instant ash.

If he's the villain it feels like they almost HAVE to do that at some point in one of the two movies (or if Supes gets one more solo flick which seems unlikely with the "Dawn" of the JL), a live action version of the Dan Turpin scene in STAS which I watched last night on Youtube and it had me in tears. The rage and heartbreak of Superman and his tearful words at Dan's grave may be the best scene of STAS, but also one of the hardest to watch.

Dan Turpin represented the everyman who never gave up and took it to the man. Bravery at its best.

If Darkseid isn't the main villain, maybe it might be Black Manta? Assuming the plot remains around Atlantis.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

The fairytale would be Batman and WW assembling the league, and duelling the villain. In their time of need, Supes comes back and assists in the beatdown.

Isn't Aquaman one of the solo projects too? If so I'd guess Black Manta would show up there, maybe setting the stage for him to join the next Suicide Sqhad if it gets a sequel.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed, 13 Apr  2016, 10:46
The fairytale would be Batman and WW assembling the league, and duelling the villain. In their time of need, Supes comes back and assists in the beatdown.

Works for me, though I am starting to wonder if we might get a side-arc where Supes returns (black suit/longer hair) early on in the film, and works incognito unbeknownst to everyone (somewhat similar to the Lois&Clark mini prior to DC REBIRTH), all while the League is being put together. Perhaps intentionally, perhaps due to his memory being scattered, before finally making his grand entrance return in the classic red & blue to aid the League in defeating the villain.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

That could work. Or they could go the For The Man Who Has Everything route. Snyder likes his dream sequences, so I wouldn't rule it out. Superman in the casket dreaming of an idealised life on Krypton. It's all sunshine and rainbows until you get cameos of Jor-El who is now viewed as a radical preacher given the planet never explodes. Superman eventually wakes from the disturbing dream, is resurrected and saves the day. I think at this point, Lois could pick up on energy radiating around the grave, investigates the site further and has the coffin exhumed.

That very well could work as well. Speaking of dream sequences, I expect Lois' role in JL to be of vital importance considering the Flash's cryptic warning to Bruce about Lois being "Key", and that he was always right about "him". Course at this stage, we can't exactly say for sure who the "him" Flash was referring to, but the dream sequence in BvS heavily implies that Superman blames Batman for the loss/death of Lois, and which theoretically caused Superman to turn and become a enforcer/herald of Darkseid. In addition to possibly providing a liason to humans who willingly submit to Darkseid...

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Ben Affleck posted a video of Deathstroke out of nowhere on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/benaffleck/status/770259217940746245

People are speculating that this is the DCEU's version of Slade Wilson, and prematurely declaring he's the main villain of the solo Batman film. In any case, it looks like he could be in JL. I think I can see the Batmobile in the background.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I read that Joe Manganiello (who played 'Flash Thompson' in the Sam Raimi Spider-Man films) is currently front-runner to play Deathstroke in Affleck's solo Batman movie.

If that is true, I think it's a good pick.  Manganiello is certainly big and ripped enough to pose a physical threat to even Affleck.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.