Would Burton do Another? Is it time?

Started by eledoremassis02, Sun, 20 Mar 2016, 02:31

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: BatmAngelus on Sat, 30 Apr  2016, 22:16
I feel like you could only maybe adapt the first half of the story with Keaton, along with maybe the Gotham under fire sequence in the final book. His Batman never encountered Two-Face but mayybe you could stretch it and have Billy Dee Williams as Harvey. You could maybe see Keaton take on The Mutants, but after that, his Batman already killed Joker and he never met Superman (and we JUST had a TDKR-inspired Batman vs. Superman fight). I think if Burton came back again, it'd be another story entirely.
Good points here. And not a knock on Keaton's Batman - you all know I love him, but he's probably more psychologically based than physically based anyway. A Batman Beyond situation plays up to this more effectively. Also it would be interesting what they'd do with the Robin side of things. If Keaton's Batman ever did share crime fighting responsibilities. In my version, I'd have Batman operating alone for the entire duration of his career. I know Schumacher introduced Robin, but I still can't imagine Keaton in this scenario. He was a control freak. So when Batman's body deteriorates, and he can no longer operate, that's the only reason why he hires a young replacement. And even then, he's telling the guy how it should be done, how he did it, etc. An older Keaton sitting in a B89/BR style batcave would be enough for me honestly. They could have him staring at one of the old B89/BR suits ala Affleck in BvS.

An animated movie, original graphic novel, comic book miniseries or the like are probably the best we can hope for.

I've always wanted to see a Batman Beyond film with Keaton, Burton, and Elfman back. It's more like wishful thinking, but I can dream!

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 26 Apr  2016, 11:45
I'd prefer a final Burton outing to be like Batman Beyond.

Keaton's Bruce as the old man staying at home. He always was a recluse, and this would show not much changed with the passing of time. It's just the fact he can no longer suit up and fight crime. Just imagine it. A scene similar to Batman Returns. Bruce is sitting in a pitch black room, alone in silence. Alfred is dead. And the bat signal lights up, but he doesn't move. He puts his head down and looks sad. Someone else is doing his job, but he slowly makes his way to the batcave to assist his replacement via a headset.

And even though I like it, TDK Returns has been overdone to be honest.

I think with DC/WB basically adopting a "try anything" approach to their films these days I feel that it is not out of the realms of possibility to have a third Tim Burton Batman movie.

Here's my pitch:

Michael Keaton is Batman still, but suffering from poor health/age. During a caper Batman almost bites the dust when a criminal almost gains the upper hand. He is aided by Terry McGinnis who enables him to escape danger. This turns out to be a fortuitous event since Terry is seeking to avenge his father's murder.
Bruce Wayne's struggles continue as he has to flight a take over of Wayne Enterprises by Derrick Powers.

Quote from: Max Eckhardt on Sat, 22 Jun  2019, 16:44
I think with DC/WB basically adopting a "try anything" approach to their films these days I feel that it is not out of the realms of possibility to have a third Tim Burton Batman movie.

Here's my pitch:

Michael Keaton is Batman still, but suffering from poor health/age. During a caper Batman almost bites the dust when a criminal almost gains the upper hand. He is aided by Terry McGinnis who enables him to escape danger. This turns out to be a fortuitous event since Terry is seeking to avenge his father's murder.
Bruce Wayne's struggles continue as he has to flight a take over of Wayne Enterprises by Derrick Powers.

I really do like your idea. But as much as I would love to see Keaton returning to the role one more time, I think the chance came and went about a decade ago. I think he's too old now.

Besides, Warner is an incompetent and terrible movie studio. They don't have any business acumen to make different Batman movies in the same period of time. If they were smart, they could market multiple movies to generate excitement e.g. "before you see an exciting all new adventure of Batman in his prime, here is the final chapter of the Keaton Batman Legend!".

Instead, they think making another movie would compete with another director's vision. If you read into the history of the Justice League: Mortal production, it got screwed over because the garbage studio didn't want another live action Batman to compete with Nolan. ::)

Let's face it, if they're still trying to hide the Justice League movie that did get made as it was originally conceived from the public to this day, what hope is there for a third Keaton Batman movie?
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei