telltale Batman game

Started by riddler, Wed, 9 Mar 2016, 15:24

Previous topic - Next topic
Seems okay. Should be worth a purchase, I think.

They make a lot of good points.

Actually, they don't. I'm loving this game.

In some respects, it makes you feel like Bruce Wayne/Batman more than the Rocksteady games. Sure, you're not utilising the perfect freeflow system to kick serious ass and gliding around a massive city. But you're regularly making decisions that put you firmly in the role of Bruce Wayne. There's genuine tension in the plot. Mainly from deciding how conversations should be dealt with - if you're the alpha male in all situations, if you say nothing or back down. It's all basically a big choose your own adventure game, and it may surprise some, but it's far from boring. I'm hooked.

I'm also really digging the graphics. They're not polished next generation quality, and they're not trying to be. After getting that with the Arkham series, they go for something different. The tone is serious but the aesthetic is like an animated movie. In that sense, the game is also a refreshing change. It's a glossy comic book. And they don't shy away from hard violence, either from the criminals or Batman himself.

All in all, with more episodes still to come, people should definitely check this out. The story has gone into bold new territory and again, the tension is probably the game's biggest strength. This series feels like a good example of what a new Batman TV show could be like. Bruce feels more than ever like a three dimensional character with the weight of the world on his shoulders. The game is all about how Bruce navigates the world around him and juggles his duality.

I just got this a few days ago, and I just got done with Episode 2. As far as storytelling goes, this is one of the best tales out there. Really good, so far.

I don't wanna spoil anything, but let me just say, you shouldn't shy away from this game. It plays out more like an interactive movie than an actual game, but damn, is it some good storytelling. Go out and buy this game!

Wed, 18 Jan 2017, 00:53 #15 Last Edit: Wed, 18 Jan 2017, 00:55 by The Dark Knight
You are right. The game is a revelation.

I may write a review for the site. It deserves one.

does Edward Nygma appear?
Ohhhh, that looks like fun! Lemme try! *Lemme try!* Ball up the fist, reach way back, and assert your... OW!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDoG06akcWo

Without delving into any spoilers or anything like that, I must say Ep3 was a little bit underwhelming compared to the previous one, but at least some of the Joker scenes (and Ingruber's performance) were entertaining enough.