Ghostbusters trailer *Brand New* (2016)

Started by Grissom, Thu, 3 Mar 2016, 14:14

Previous topic - Next topic

I believe you ....

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: Catwoman on Sun, 24 Jul  2016, 06:00
If I kidnap you and torture you for the whereabouts of something VERY valuable and VERY shiny, you will. Oh yes, you will....
Ben Affleck will save me.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun, 24 Jul  2016, 14:38
Quote from: Catwoman on Sun, 24 Jul  2016, 06:00
If I kidnap you and torture you for the whereabouts of something VERY valuable and VERY shiny, you will. Oh yes, you will....
Ben Affleck will save me.

Ben Affleck? Ben Affleck you say? HOO HOO! Blubberdoo! Blubberdoo!

I'm......COUNTING ON IT!

Kate McKinnon is on Saturday Night Live. She is hilarious. Cute too.

Production Budget: $144 million
Weekend 01 Gross: $46,018,755
Weekend 02 Gross: $21,600,000 (estimated)
US Total Gross: $86,856,739 (estimated)

At this point, I don't see how Girlbusters makes it money back. We're beyond profit now. At this point, it's all about how much Sony will lose their shirts over this thing.

The movie lost over 50% of its opening weekend business this weekend. Even if Girlbusters hits $15 million during weekend 03, that'll put it at, what, $116 million in the US? Not even close to where it needs to be.

Girlbusters is officially a dud now.

I like some of the people in the movie and feel sorry for them. But I just can't find any interest in seeing this movie. I wish I could but I can't.

Yup. The "film" is basically dead in the water. It would really have to over-perform overseas for any slight chance of turning the corner, and getting out of the red. The second week was going to be the judgement call. Morbid curiosity from a portion of the audience who saw it opening weekend can only carry you so far, and getting to the finish line of profitville looks bleak.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

It's doing even worse overseas. It's already opened in around half of its foreign markets, including several key territories such as the UK and Brazil. In some places it's now entering its third week. Yet its total foreign haul is presently only $36 million.

Of course I'm far too classy to gloat.

Those are the real box office numbers?

As of 07.31.2016...
Domestic: $106,497,206
Foreign: $51,705,399
Worldwide: $158,202,605

I haven't been this amused at a movie's failure since Superman Returns... although this lacks the personal pain that Superman Returns had. This is just nothing but schadenfreude.