Ghostbusters trailer *Brand New* (2016)

Started by Grissom, Thu, 3 Mar 2016, 14:14

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: JokerMeThis on Tue, 21 Jun  2016, 22:04
Unfortunately I fear that World War III is inevitable regardless of who the president is. What keeps me up at night is my anxiety that westerners might be too busy hating themselves to unite together and confront the threat. I wish we could once again see ourselves as the good guys in this world. Are we more terrified of being politically incorrect than of the destruction of our civilization?
World War III is happening right now. Mass immigration coupled with surging birthrates. This war is in our neighborhoods and cities with the clash of ideologies. It's hilarious that the left wingers champion LGBT rights and all these causes, but then welcome in groups of people en masse who have gays stoned and thrown off buildings.

The locals are the ones who are having to change their way of life to suit the arrivals. Not the other way around. Labels such as 'racist' have stifled all debate. Religion is not a race but a belief anyone of any background can share.

The world of the future is going to look a lot different, and not for the better. But nothing is changing on this front. Let's put our heads in the sand and not cause offence. How dare a civilised human being reject medieval barbarisms. It's far worse to talk about these issues than to actually commit them, apparently.

It's about time western civilization stood up for itself.

♫Lay down your funky weapon, come join us on the floor
Making love and music's the only things worth fighting 4.
We r the new power generation, we want 2 change the world.
The only thing that's in our way is u.
Your old fashioned music, your old ideas,
We're sick and tired of u telling us what 2 do.

New power generation, you've got to rearrange. We've got
We r the new power generation, you've gotta give up all the fight
We gotta try 2 love one another, baby.
We r the new power generation♫

So say the lyrics from a good man recently taken from us. Take heed, chill and get funky with your bad self! lol Sorry, it was all getting a little depressing on here so I tried to instigate a lil cheer. I think I much preferred when we were all arguing about why the Ghostbusters had suddenly sprouted tits.

Quote from: Cobblepot4Mayor on Thu, 23 Jun  2016, 02:17
I think I much preferred when we were all arguing about why the Ghostbusters had suddenly sprouted tits.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: Cobblepot4Mayor on Thu, 23 Jun  2016, 02:17
I think I much preferred when we were all arguing about why the Ghostbusters had suddenly sprouted tits.

Contrary to the narrative being spun by Sony's marketing division, I don't think anyone in this thread has argued about the sex of the Ghostbusters.

Anyway, here's the title theme cover from the new movie. The quality is consistent with everything else we've seen so far.

Meanwhile Sony Pictures Entertainment's Motion Picture Group chairman Tom Rothman recently commented on the negative response from the core Ghostbusters fanbase:

QuoteIt's the greatest thing that ever happened. Are you kidding me? We're in the national debate, thank you. Can we please get some more haters to say stupid things?
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/tom-rothman-spider-man-plans-904849

The perfect visual metaphor for Sony's relationship with their target audience:

Perfect GIF to summarise the situation. I am really curious how much money this makes at the box office.

Would be funny if the reception is like that of Fan4stic, but unfortunately I think there's too many people who are morbidly curious about the new GB that would make it tank that hard.....

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Thu, 30 Jun  2016, 00:51

Would be funny if the reception is like that of Fan4stic, but unfortunately I think there's too many people who are morbidly curious about the new GB that would make it tank that hard.....

At the very least it has SOMETHING going for it; the visuals look impressive and fans of 3-D would probably be interested to see what the ghosts look like. I still have nothing intriguing me to watch Fan4stic and it's sitting right there on netflix in front of me.

It's too bad modern technology wasn't available in the 80's, having CGI available for the original cast would have been something. That's probably why there isn't much ghost busting, it was too hard to accomplish convincingly at a low cost back then.

I was right about Alice Through the Looking Glass underperforming.

I was right about Independence Day: Resurgence underperforming.

Trust me - Ghostbusters is next. Just look at the latest positive-to-negative Twitter ratios:

1:1! And the bomb drops in less than two weeks! The only way it could be worse was if there were literally no positive tweets, even from Sony.

Heads will roll once this debacle reaches its inevitable conclusion. At this stage, not even an apology from Paul Feig and Tom Rothman would suffice. Anything short of ritual seppuku live streamed on the internet will be inadequate.

Much like Alice 2, which came and went without much interest, I'm getting the same vibes with Ghostbusters.