Justice League Part 1 starts filming in less than two months

Started by Grissom, Mon, 22 Feb 2016, 17:50

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Travesty on Wed, 27 Jul  2016, 17:40So what do you guys think of The Flash suit? It could be better, but I don't hate it. It's a bit busy, but I think it works for someone like The Flash.
Apparently Barry patched it together himself. Supposedly Batman will make a better one for him later on.

I don't really care, tbh. It looks okay to me. If Barry keeps it, fine by me.

Quote from: Travesty on Wed, 27 Jul  2016, 17:40
So what do you guys think of The Flash suit? It could be better, but I don't hate it. It's a bit busy, but I think it works for someone like The Flash.

After looking over some higher quality images, I can't say I'm enamoured. The other Justice League costumes, while bulky and armoured, still retain an organic anatomical design. In contrast, the Flash's looks far too busy and mechanical. It's particularly obvious when you see all the rivets in the close-up shots.

If it's only a prototype he wears early in the film - perhaps because his civilian clothes disintegrate under super speed - then fine. But I'm hoping his final costume will look more streamlined. As far as comparing it to earlier Flash costumes, I'd say Shipp and Gustin's are still the ones to beat: Shipp's is the best classic pre-Flashpoint suit, while Gustin's is the best representation of the modern 'New 52' design.

It's starting to look as if Bruce will be the Tony Stark figure to Flash's Spider-Man. The scene where he recruits him looks very similar to Peter Parker's first scene in Civil War, and if the rumours are true about Bruce supplying him with his final costume then that's another parallel.

I prefer the TV Flash suit but the JLA one isn't terrible. It'll be odd seeing two versions of the character.