Deserves it's own thread - Final Trailer for Dawn of Justice!

Started by Grissom, Thu, 11 Feb 2016, 17:09

Previous topic - Next topic
Fri, 12 Feb 2016, 11:48 #10 Last Edit: Fri, 12 Feb 2016, 11:50 by The Dark Knight
It seems like Superman pushes and throws Batman around at the beginning of the fight without a care in the world. As you would expect.

But then Batman pulls his trick and Superman loses the majority of his power. This is surely the moment at the end of the trailer, where Batman blocks Superman's strike and Superman looks dumbfounded.

"It's time for you to feel what it's like to be a man."

That's going to be a great moment.

That was an awesome trailer because we finally get to see Batman fight with a degree of physicality that is more brute force and less stylized to satisfy the limits of his costume. That definitely perked my interest. LOVED the scene where he actually blocks one of Superman's punches and Superman is in complete dismay. Just hoping we haven't seen every good scene in this movie. Hopefully this will be just the tip of the iceberg. Looking forward to it.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri, 12 Feb  2016, 02:05Hands down this is the best Batman has ever been in combat. It's the Arkham games brought to life. No more goons falling over for no reason ala the Nolan days. There's always going to be Nolan era hardliners, not wanting this new series to be successful. But I'd argue they're not Batman fans to begin with. Because Batman fans should love this trailer.
I've been a Batman fan since I was 4 and I didn't love this trailer. I liked it and thought it was cool in parts, but I didn't love it. It's all a matter of opinion.

God bless you! God bless everyone!

Quote from: Dagenspear on Fri, 12 Feb  2016, 15:31
I've been a Batman fan since I was 4 and I didn't love this trailer. I liked it and thought it was cool in parts, but I didn't love it. It's all a matter of opinion.

God bless you! God bless everyone!

I completely understand where you're coming from and like your stance. When I say I like this trailer, that is beginning and the end of it. This trailer had some awesome pieces in it for me. But the actual movie is a whole other matter. A trailer just has to perk your interest. That trailer has really front loaded this movie. Expectations are very high so lets see if the movie itself lives up to it's own billing.

A trailer is supposed to give you reasons to want to see the film, I'd say. I hope the film will be great and honestly, I don't see why I shouldn't.

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Fri, 12 Feb  2016, 20:08
A trailer is supposed to give you reasons to want to see the film, I'd say. I hope the film will be great and honestly, I don't see why I shouldn't.
The trailer gives me hope the character is being handled to my liking.