Freeze promo (for Season 2)

Started by Grissom, Mon, 8 Feb 2016, 21:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Me too. Really curious about the motivation behind this take on Mr. Freeze, who's already out there killing people with a freeze gun.

Excited to see Hugo Strange in his first live action appearance. Glad they went with the comic accurate look on B.D. Wong.

That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Quote from: BatmAngelus on Mon,  8 Feb  2016, 22:31
Me too. Really curious about the motivation behind this take on Mr. Freeze, who's already out there killing people with a freeze gun.

Excited to see Hugo Strange in his first live action appearance. Glad they went with the comic accurate look on B.D. Wong.
I'm really impressed with B.D. Wong's look for the role.  I thought he was inspired casting when I heard the announcement.

However, I'm not sure what to make of Freeze already being an active villain, and years before Bruce becomes Batman.  I understand Kristen Hager has been cast as Nora Fries so with any luck we'll get to see Dr. Fries' tragic backstory that originated in the animated series and is now effectively canon (irrespective of the New 52).
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

I've given up on this show.

But at least they're doing Freeze again in live-action.

Gotham is a show I need to binge watch. I watched a few episodes from series one during a recent long haul flight and didn't mind it, to be honest. I liked what Mazouz brought to the table as young Bruce, and thought Pertwee was engaging as Alfred. I'm not completely on board with the concept but I'm interested enough to explore it further.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NfnC2LU-UY

It looks to me like the show's going to explore a period of time that hasn't been dealt much with before, which is Victor and Nora's actual relationship before Nora was frozen.

Also thank God they're going with the Heart of Ice origin and not the horrible New 52 stalker origin.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Another retelling of The Animated Series, but it worked. They even found a way to keep Freeze under wraps until Batman's time. While it's great that he actually gets the name Mr. Freeze (many modern comic book movies are ashamed of actually naming villains), it's become a bit of a cliche to learn it from the newspaper. I was also half hoping he would be dubbed 'Mr. Zero'.