"Kid I got ears, my ears got ears!"

Started by Cobblepot4Mayor, Mon, 8 Feb 2016, 16:39

Previous topic - Next topic
At 1:05 here "Max Shreck" himself brings a classic Disney character to live action life. I'm already smiling, Walken seems perfectly cast here lol

Also a former Ghostbuster sings a classic Disney song masterpiece. Sleeper hit of 2016 I think.

Looks great.

It's a fantastic voice cast.  But King Louie seems a bit more vicious than the cuddly swinger from the 1967 animated film.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Never was a big Disney kid growing up, however Disney's animated The Jungle Book was one of the handful of Disney animated films I actually liked. Because of that, I have some interest in seeing this new adaptation. Looks like alot more fun than the '90's live action film was.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Tue,  9 Feb  2016, 23:34

Never was a big Disney kid growing up, however Disney's animated The Jungle Book was one of the handful of Disney animated films I actually liked. Because of that, I have some interest in seeing this new adaptation. Looks like alot more fun than the '90's live action film was.

Same for me!

Not sure what to think of this trailer yet.

The advance word is great.  It's currently 100% at Rotten Tomatoes.  :)

Cobblepot4Mayor could be right about this being 2016's sleeper hit.  I suspect a lot of families will go see this when it's released in a couple of weeks, and it should clean up and lay waste to the competition at the box-office.

I'm very sorry but Batman got severe competition this year! And never in my wildest dreams did I think it would be a Disney film that would outclass him lol But sadly for me, it has.

Quite blown away by what I'm hearing about it on a music level. This may be the greatest movie soundtrack in a loooooooooooooong time. Christopher Walken has been 100% confirmed as singing "I Wanna Be Like You"!......Bill and Ted exclamation, "NO WAY!!" lol I mean that's just incredibly remarkable stuff to have a legend like him perform something as legendary as that. Then you have Bill Murray taking on "The Bare Necessities" which has already been previewed on Jimmy Kimmel in the US. But easily the biggest surprise for me is the absolutely incredible news that producer Mark Ronson (a gentleman I have great respect for especially after helping make a terrific Duran Duran album, "All You Need Is Now") has helped produced a new version of The Jungle Book's creepiest tune, "Trust In Me", with Scarlett Johansson. A ton of remixes are on the way too (could this show potential as a single to promote the movie on the charts?). This I believe plays through the end credits so there's a hell of a reason for me to stick em out till the end.

Wow, in the words of King Louie: "Craaaaazily" exciting stuff.

Quote from: Cobblepot4Mayor on Tue,  5 Apr  2016, 11:33
I'm very sorry but Batman got severe competition this year! And never in my wildest dreams did I think it would be a Disney film that would outclass him lol But sadly for me, it has.
It seems that way, doesn't it.  :-\

But hopefully Batman, even Batfleck, can bounce back.  :)

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Tue,  5 Apr  2016, 13:00
Quote from: Cobblepot4Mayor on Tue,  5 Apr  2016, 11:33
It seems that way, doesn't it.  :-\

But hopefully Batman, even Batfleck, can bounce back.  :)

When Affleck is up against something as crazily magnificent as THIS he hasn't a chance of capturing my imagination in this year.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Reviews continue to be absolutely sparkling. Although I'm a tad concerned about Scarlett Johansson as my favorite character of all. Reports say she's excellent....but a bit brief in the plot.  :(  Hope I shall not be too disappointed. On the other hand she does get to do THIS!

Well....she's done Richard Sherman and Siouxsie And The Banshees proud with that one!   ;D