Knightfall Animated (not confirmed)

Started by eledoremassis02, Sat, 30 Jan 2016, 22:26

Previous topic - Next topic
I heard they were going to adapt this at one point? What would be cool if they could get the BBC radio Drama audio and use Michael Gough as Alfred! Even not I would like to see this animated

You know, I remarked that they had adapted all the major Batman stories after exiting the theater for The Killing Joke. But then I stopped myself and remembered Knightfall. That would be epic, and if Dark Knight Returns was two parts, I don't even know how long Knightfall would be. I'd love to see it keep going; there's plenty of great Batman stories out there that are under-appreciated.

Some new original stories not taken from the comics would be pretty great too.

Knightfall is where Bane breaks Batman's back and Azreal or whoever takes over right?

Quote from: Catwoman on Tue, 26 Jul  2016, 06:09
Knightfall is where Bane breaks Batman's back and Azreal or whoever takes over right?
Yes. Hand in your Batman fan card, please. You should know this stuff.  ???

I did know it you jackass!

I just wasn't sure on the title lol

Tue, 26 Jul 2016, 15:46 #5 Last Edit: Tue, 26 Jul 2016, 15:48 by Travesty
Quote from: Slash Man on Tue, 26 Jul  2016, 05:20
You know, I remarked that they had adapted all the major Batman stories after exiting the theater for The Killing Joke. But then I stopped myself and remembered Knightfall. That would be epic, and if Dark Knight Returns was two parts, I don't even know how long Knightfall would be. I'd love to see it keep going; there's plenty of great Batman stories out there that are under-appreciated.
There's still some popular stories that haven't been adapted, yet. They can do The Long Halloween, Hush, Arkham Asylum, Black Mirror, Son of the Demon, Court of Owls, Earth One, Black & White, etc.

They could also do A Death in the Family, although, they kinda did a flashback to that in Under the Red Hood.

There are some things that defy adaptation into film. Knightfall is one of them. It's a huge, sprawling story and I just don't think you can do it justice in one or even two 70'ish minute films.

It's okay to leave some stuff in the comics, guys.

Hush might be interesting as an animated film.

I've always thought Knightfall would make a great animated film. I think the core elements of the story could be done in 70 minutes. Then they could do two sequels: One focusing on Knightquest (with Azrael becoming Batman) and another on Knightsend (with Bruce reclaiming the mantle of the Bat).

Seems unlikely, but then again, Killing Joke did pretty well at the box office for its limited two-day run so maybe one day...