Could we see a animated Batman Triumphant?

Started by eledoremassis02, Sat, 30 Jan 2016, 20:12

Previous topic - Next topic
I just came across this article http://collider.com/jj-abrams-superman-dc-animated-movies/

Do you think we could see this in the future? Do you think they would try to get the cast back (Though I am not sure who would want to come back, though if taken seriously I could see maybe Jack Nicholson come back)

I think it's very unlikely we'll ever see a cancelled script for a sequel get turned into an animated film. I don't think WB would bother, and honestly, I don't get the impression fans demand it either. They tend to look forward to the next film adaptation and take or leave the previous incarnations as they are.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Unlikely and not really in demand, I agree TLF... and here am I, still waiting for them to do a Batman Beyond film.

What a fun idea that would be! But seeing that this article was written in 2013 and the studios seem to have placed all of their eggs in the Justice League direction, I don't see them toying with the Batman image while they have Affleck just starting his own run. I definitely would have supported it and I think it might have done fairly well. I think there is something of a groundswell for B&R but the critics are still trying to scream the loudest. I think at some point B&R will get a revised consideration in the Batman mythos and then a possible sequel in animated form might become a possibility. Whether that happens in my lifetime is hard to say.

it's unlikely but no longer impossible.

The evil dead series was rebooted on the big screen but the new TV show follows the initial films.