Batman: Bad Blood (2016)

Started by Vleermuisman, Thu, 21 Jan 2016, 22:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Just watched this new animated movie and i liked it.
I was a pretty good story, had some good humor and the batmobile kinda reminded me of the batmobile in Batman Forever.
Anyone else seen it/gonna see it?

I don't know anything about it but I totally want to. Love me some animated Bat.

I watched this last week (***SPOILERS BELOW***).

I haven't been too crazy about Son of Batman and Batman vs. Robin, but I reckon Bad Blood is the best out of these three solo animated Batman films. Is it on par with Under the Red Hood or Dark Knight Returns though? No, but it doesn't really matter.

Batman goes missing following an incident involving a gang, and is feared dead for weeks. Nightwing returns to Gotham City and agrees to disguise himself as Batman until he, Batwoman, Batwing and Robin figure out what's going on. We find out Talia al Ghul had kidnapped Bruce, and is working with the Mad Hatter to brainwash everyone so the can League of Assassins can take control of the planet.

The film adequately shows us difference between Nightwing and Batman. Nightwing knows that being Batman has brought Bruce a lot of agony and darkness, and even though he took up the disguise, he prefers to avoid following Bruce's footsteps and seeks justice his way.

I thought Batwoman was fine in this and her backstory was adequate. Her mother and sister were murdered by kidnappers and she was saved by her own father. She eventually gets sick and tired being treated like a victim and brushes Batman aside after he rescued her from that gang. Although you might complain that she came across as ungrateful. I'm happy to see that Damian Wayne doesn't get to argue with Batman like in the previous two films. I was okay with Luke Fox as Batwing.

Talia is quite evil in this movie, which I thought was a huge departure from her character in Son of Batman. In that film, she entrusts Bruce to look after her son following Deathstroke's raid on the League. But here, she kidnaps Bruce and makes clones of her own son to create the perfect soldier, and sees Bruce and Damian as puppets and nothing more. Quite cold.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei