What were the first few photos to be released?

Started by Furstmobile, Sat, 2 Sep 2017, 16:02

Previous topic - Next topic
The first one is easy with the all black batmobile ones and the nolan ones are still fresh in my memory, but what about BR? Or all the other ones? I don't know if anyone's already done it but would be an interesting article.

The first I can remember are from some magazine or another. The photo which really stands out is a publicity photo of Batman standing next to the Batmobile in the alley where he parks before rescuing the Ice Princess. There are visible Cobblepot For Mayor posters in the background.

I tried searching around online but couldn't find anything relevant. And I searched A LOT. I got a lot crankier searching for this stuff than might've been absolutely necessary, actually.

Yes, that's the one. But the article whence it came remains elusive. I found articles which included that photo but which were published far too late to have been my first glimpse of that photo.

It was frustrating, let's say that.

I love that photo and that whole sequence from the film. I think the Gotham of BR looks its best there and had lots of atmosphere. The scene that has the most, in my opinion, is when Batman first arrives in Gotham, parks the car, turns on the shields and walks away. It's in the small details. The steam above the Batmobile when he pulls up quietly. The snow on the footpath and the silent empty, street up ahead. The way Batman walks away virtually unseen as the shields go up. He doesn't even look back. I love it all. It may be a ten second scene, but it's always stayed with me.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sun,  3 Sep  2017, 01:55
Yes, that's the one. But the article whence it came remains elusive. I found articles which included that photo but which were published far too late to have been my first glimpse of that photo.

It was frustrating, let's say that.

Hope you find it, cause I know how those kinds of searches can drive a person crazy. Seems so simple but it's so important at the same time.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu,  7 Sep  2017, 14:26
I love that photo and that whole sequence from the film. I think the Gotham of BR looks its best there and had lots of atmosphere. The scene that has the most, in my opinion, is when Batman first arrives in Gotham, parks the car, turns on the shields and walks away. It's in the small details. The steam above the Batmobile when he pulls up quietly. The snow on the footpath and the silent empty, street up ahead. The way Batman walks away virtually unseen as the shields go up. He doesn't even look back. I love it all. It may be a ten second scene, but it's always stayed with me.

This is part of why the Christmas setting is so perfect. There just isn't as much atmosphere in midsummer (yes there's plenty happening but the scenery isn't creating much of it once the sun goes down). The snow and the cold contrasting with the heat of the car to make the steam and everything else just adds so much to this movie. Late fall, sort of like in '89 and Forever, is the only thing that comes close with the leaves everywhere, but I think the snow wins out. The sound of leaves rustling in wind and watching them blow along is beautiful, but I love the still silence of fallen snow a little more I think. The common theme of course is the temperature. Art is a dish best served cold, or at least chilled.