Facebook
twitter

Author Topic: Favorite Batman suit on film?  (Read 5263 times)

Offline The Dark Knight

• Gotham Citizen
  • Dark Knight
  • Forum posts: 5,807
  • Image uploads: 146
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Batman suit on film?
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 12 Feb 2018, 06:27 »
Agreed on all points, TDK. Iíll always prefer the classic spandex costume over any sculpted rubber suit. My ideal movie costume would look like this:

That's a good suit. I'm a fan of the classic look - with either the Adam West or TDK Returns palette.

West is the only actor to date to match Batman's 6'2 height in the comics. I think his physique was fine as well.

The entertainment value is obvious, but I think it's remarkable how much the 1966 show got right. The reason why an old program endures for so long via re-runs is largely due to the strength of the performances. Even though it was to give public service announcements, Adam West's Batman regularly gave Robin and viewers sage advice. He never lost hope or his belief in justice. This family friendly tone allowed the viewer to really connect with Bruce on a personal level. That warmth is why I love Adam's Batman so much. He nails the vibe of a decent, incorruptible man.

Not a member? Click here to register now!
Latest Forum Post
Re: Krypton (SyFy TV Series)
by The Dark Knight
Total Members: 712 | Total Posts: 50,359 | Total Topics: 3,206

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
| Design based on the Reference theme by Crip XHTML RSS WAP2 iPhone Theme Scrolling News Ticker by Mioplanet
"BATMAN" all related characters indicia are copyrighted by D.C. COMICS, a TIME-WARNER company. Batman created by Bob Kane and Bill Finger.
All features, articles and blogs are © of Batman-Online.com's staff & members (unless otherwise indicated) and may NOT be copied without the author's permission. All artwork is © of respective owners.
This is NOT an official Batman website. Conceived, designed and edited by Paul Rodgers since 1st June 2002. Facebook and twitter feeds maintained by Rick Francis and Azrael.