MY BATMAN TAS BOXSET REVIEW

Started by stroooove, Tue, 12 Jan 2016, 15:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Thanks for the video.

It's curious that you described TNBA a "reboot" series. I got to admit I do feel that way sometimes, despite this show making many references to the original BTAS. When you look at the visuals here, i.e. Gotham City no longer having Art Deco architecture, the fashion style tends to be less 1940s and characters like Penguin look vastly different (resembling the comic book instead of Danny DeVito in BR), it's a massive contrast compared to what we saw in the original series.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

BTAS/TNBA/JL and BB are one story in my head and what a great story it is. Set over many, many years allowing for proper character development and villain interaction. Three films just ain't enough to tell the Batman story satisfactorily.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun, 17 Jan  2016, 07:22
BTAS/TNBA/JL and BB are one story in my head and what a great story it is. Set over many, many years allowing for proper character development and villain interaction. Three films just ain't enough to tell the Batman story satisfactorily.

True. And Batman was often the coolest in the JL.

Quote from: Max Shreck on Sun, 17 Jan  2016, 16:42
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun, 17 Jan  2016, 07:22

True. And Batman was often the coolest in the JL.
Batman begins his career, amasses a Bat family, then a Justice League family. He eventually grows older and distances himself from allies and society at large. There's something so tragic about that to me. That while he grew as a person with new allies and connections, he nonetheless reverted back to his comfort zone. How he began. But that's what makes it great. This man who had so many great adventures, who saved the world over and over, now sits alone in a black room doing nothing but ageing. But nonetheless, still finds a way to continue his crusade via another young crime fighter.

It ticks a lot of my boxes.