New Trailer Out

Started by Slash Man, Thu, 3 Dec 2015, 05:17

Previous topic - Next topic

What did you think of the new trailer?

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat, 13 Feb  2016, 00:52
Quote from: BatmAngelus on Fri, 12 Feb  2016, 21:08
I prefer Keaton's Batman over the others, but if BvS presents a take that I like even more, then I'll happily crown Affleck my new favorite. Depends on what we see in March, but if I end up preferring Affleck's Batman, it won't make me appreciate Keaton any less.

I predict that I will still probably like certain elements of past interpretations more, such as Keaton's voice, the Burton Batmobile, and the Elfman theme song.
Exactly. It's entirely possible the past can be bettered by future interpretations, otherwise what's the point? We may as well shut up shop and keep watching B89 and BR over and over. Which wouldn't be a bad thing, but the show must go on. Liking something else doesn't make the past inferior. In terms of combat and being a billionaire playboy, I can see Affleck being the real deal. Keaton is already revered by the fan base. His legacy is ensured - we all love the guy. Giving Affleck praise isn't going to lessen that. It's good for the character, and I'm sure Keaton would agree.

I concur. Whether Affleck can top Keaton is not a concern for me though. All I care is that I'm looking forward to seeing a Batman movie again. I haven't been able to say that for a long time.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sat, 13 Feb  2016, 02:27
I concur. Whether Affleck can top Keaton is not a concern for me though. All I care is that I'm looking forward to seeing a Batman movie again. I haven't been able to say that for a long time.
Yep. I'll call something out if I don't like it - but I really like what I'm seeing with Batfleck.

Here is a new picture of Bruce Wayne standing by the rubble in Metropolis.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I'm confident that Ben Affleck will be a great Batman.

keep in mind that trailers can be far different than the films themselves and there have been bad films with good trailers. For instance the Dark Knight rises trailer implied Batman would be the main character in the film but as we saw that wasn't the case. :)

On the subject of Affleck vs. Keaton. Let's not act like the Nolanites here and pretend that our favourite version is immortal and nothing can never touch it. If Affleck ends up better, hats off to him. Keatons version stood the test of time and will always have it's place but there's certainly room for improvement.

Quote from: riddler on Sat, 13 Feb  2016, 13:45
keep in mind that trailers can be far different than the films themselves and there have been bad films with good trailers. For instance the Dark Knight rises trailer implied Batman would be the main character in the film but as we saw that wasn't the case. :)

On the subject of Affleck vs. Keaton. Let's not act like the Nolanites here and pretend that our favourite version is immortal and nothing can never touch it. If Affleck ends up better, hats off to him. Keatons version stood the test of time and will always have it's place but there's certainly room for improvement.

I agree. And for me, the trailer only reinforced the positive vibe.

Quote from: riddler on Sat, 13 Feb  2016, 13:45
I like your attitude.

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sat, 13 Feb  2016, 02:27
Whether Affleck can top Keaton is not a concern for me though. All I care is that I'm looking forward to seeing a Batman movie again.

Pretty much. As of right now, I am not comparing which version is possibly better, I just want to see film and get my Batfleck on.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: riddler on Sat, 13 Feb  2016, 13:45keep in mind that trailers can be far different than the films themselves and there have been bad films with good trailers. For instance the Dark Knight rises trailer implied Batman would be the main character in the film but as we saw that wasn't the case. :)
Yes, he was.
QuoteOn the subject of Affleck vs. Keaton. Let's not act like the Nolanites here and pretend that our favourite version is immortal and nothing can never touch it. If Affleck ends up better, hats off to him. Keatons version stood the test of time and will always have it's place but there's certainly room for improvement.
Nolan fans don't necessarily do that. Some do it's likely, but not all.

God bless you! God bless everyone!

Quote from: Dagenspear on Sun, 14 Feb  2016, 21:19
QuoteOn the subject of Affleck vs. Keaton. Let's not act like the Nolanites here and pretend that our favourite version is immortal and nothing can never touch it. If Affleck ends up better, hats off to him. Keatons version stood the test of time and will always have it's place but there's certainly room for improvement.
Nolan fans don't necessarily do that. Some do it's likely, but not all.

Thanks for the laugh. I literally choked on my water reading that.

You can't freaking be serious. They do, militantly so, and it's far more than "some." Try to propose to a Nolanite that Jack Nicholson's Joker was superior or even on par with Heath Ledger's and it's like someone rattled a chimp's cage and got it pissed. They go bloody freaking bonkers.

Which by the way, Jack was superior. Heath had a great performance, but that wasn't the Joker. It was a grungy anarchist with bad hygiene. I went to school with plenty of would-be Heath Jokers.