New Trailer Out

Started by Slash Man, Thu, 3 Dec 2015, 05:17

Previous topic - Next topic

What did you think of the new trailer?

Quote from: The Joker on Thu, 21 Jan  2016, 23:46

I ran into quite a few Batfleck haters once he was formally announced. My response usually posed the question, "Well, have you seen any of his latest work? The Town? Argo? How about his performance in Hollywoodland?" and fortunately or unfortunately, that would kinda shut them down. Most people wanted to remain thinking of Affleck of what he was in the late 90's/early 2000's, and not what he eventually became. Which, at this stage in his career, is a very respectable actor, and for sure, as a director.

It doesn't surprise me that most of these people haven't watched any of Affleck's films post 2003. What I find odd is these people typically refer to Rotten Tomatoes scores and Oscars to justify why a movie is good or bad, but they can't do the same for Affleck when every film he had directed AND starred in was a critical, award-winning success. One idiot on YouTube made a video of himself arguing that Affleck is box office poison and a sore thumb for critics because every movie he starred in as the leading man from the late nineties to 2003 was panned. Yet, he failed to mention any movie from 2006's Hollywoodland and onwards, most likely because he hasn't seen them.

I can believe that there are some people who simply don't rate him as an actor, but I also have a suspicion that there are a few who take it so personally. Maybe it's because his political views annoy them, or maybe he has a bad reputation in the industry that I'm not aware of (but then again, who really isn't a douchebag in Hollywood?).
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I remember when Affleck was announced, some wanted Bale back. I was happy that it wasn't Bale again.  :P

Zack Snyder was asked if the reaction for MOS made him address its criticisms for BvS, and he claims that anyone who read the comics would know that he didn't change Superman.

"People are always like 'You changed Superman'.  If you're a comic book fan, you know that I didn't change Superman. If you know the true canon, you know that I didn't change Superman. If you're a fan of the old movies, yeah, I changed him a bit," Snyder said. He went on to clarify that he, as a comic book fan, defaulted to Superman's comic origins and not his on-screen incarnation, aiming to have his Superman "set a tone for the world" and "feel consistent for the DC universe".

"My point is that we don't take liberties [from the character's comic origins]...what we've done is create a place where they can really be the mythological characters as designed in the comic books".

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/05/zack-snyder-didnt-change-superman

I believe what he meant was that a lot of the critics have been comparing MOS to the Reeve films as the benchmark of what Superman should be.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sat,  6 Feb  2016, 03:38Zack Snyder was asked if the reaction for MOS made him address its criticisms for BvS, and he claims that anyone who read the comics would know that he didn't change Superman.

Quote"People are always like 'You changed Superman'.  If you're a comic book fan, you know that I didn't change Superman. If you know the true canon, you know that I didn't change Superman. If you're a fan of the old movies, yeah, I changed him a bit," Snyder said. He went on to clarify that he, as a comic book fan, defaulted to Superman's comic origins and not his on-screen incarnation, aiming to have his Superman "set a tone for the world" and "feel consistent for the DC universe".

"My point is that we don't take liberties [from the character's comic origins]...what we've done is create a place where they can really be the mythological characters as designed in the comic books".

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/05/zack-snyder-didnt-change-superman

I believe what he meant was that a lot of the critics have been comparing MOS to the Reeve films as the benchmark of what Superman should be.
I'm going to say this: If Superman in the comics is someone who makes out with Lois in the middle of a war zone surrounded by people covered in ash and rubble that has collapsed on and killed many people, then that's not a Superman you should adapt to screen as a superhero. I just watched the episode of Superman the animated series Apokolips... NOW! Part 2, and when Dan Turpin, a single man is killed by Darkseid, Superman is devastated. He smashes a tank into the ground, yelling out. It's a well done scene.

God bless you! God bless everyone!

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Fri, 22 Jan  2016, 12:27
I remember when Affleck was announced, some wanted Bale back. I was happy that it wasn't Bale again.  :P
It wouldn't have made sense for Bale to return, anyway. It's better to leave his era contained in the Nolan trilogy.

Sat, 6 Feb 2016, 07:42 #225 Last Edit: Sat, 6 Feb 2016, 07:44 by Edd Grayson
Try telling that to Bale's zombies, sorry, fans.  :)

Seriously though, I didn't mind his acting as much as the way his character was written especially in the sequels, and how Nolan meddled with the voice. So nothing against Bale personally, just that he was never "my" Batman.

Final trailer just released.  :o

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Oh

My

Freaking

GOD!!!!!!!!!

SO FREAKING EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok now that I'm back under control (lol), that is so awesome. I love the "oh sh*t" look on Supes face at the end. And that bit at the beginning with Alfred, so great! And we finally hear Gal speak! Love it! And that look of anguish on Clark's face as Lois is holding it. And who the hell is that in the bathtub? Bruce and Diana? And...ugh there's too much to process. So amazing. But the best part is totally the badass Batman bit we get at the start. That's what we've all been waiting for sports fans!....isn't it? lol

God this looks so amazing.

This is the best trailer yet.

I still have some misgiving about Lex, but Batman and Superman are more awesome than ever.  :) And the fight scene at the beginning of the trailer suggests that this will feature the best Batman action we've ever seen in live-action (none of that Nolan-style whizzing shaky-cam here - this is slick, clear, coherent action).

I'm finally sold on seeing this movie when it comes out.  :)
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

A lot of people forget that Snyder is a huge fan of both Batman and Superman and we are going to see some wonderful comic-realization of both characters on the big screen. Warners has a hit on their hands...there I called it!  :)