Hit the road, Jack!

Started by Cobblepot4Mayor, Sat, 28 Nov 2015, 04:32

Previous topic - Next topic
Great little Keaton 80's comedy movie. "The Dream Team". Well worth a look if you get a chance to catch it. Where else can you see Batman work with Doctor Emmett Brown himself, Christopher Lloyd? (their brilliant together, reminds me of a Gene Wilder, Richard Pryor chemistry).

One of the first films I watched as a kid of him in a non-Batman appearance the others being Beetlejuice of course and Pacific Heights. This is probably the scene that is the film's signature highlight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fDxs3WuB90

I love this film too.  Possibly Keaton and Lloyd at their best outside of the Batman and BTTF films respectively.

QuoteBilly: Does Ed go out the window? Let's have a show of hands.

Billy [to Ed] : You can vote too, it's America.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

It's great. Now I wish Christopher Lloyd played in a Batman film with Keaton.  :)

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Sat, 28 Nov  2015, 07:36
It's great. Now I wish Christopher Lloyd played in a Batman film with Keaton.  :)
I could see Christopher Lloyd as The Scarecrow or Hugo Strange.

And wouldn't it be great to have another One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest alumnus to join Jack Nicholson, Danny DeVito and Vincent Schiavelli amongst the Batman Rogues' Gallery?  ;D

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Sat, 28 Nov  2015, 08:22
Quote from: Edd Grayson on Sat, 28 Nov  2015, 07:36
I could see Christopher Lloyd as The Scarecrow or Hugo Strange.

And wouldn't it be great to have another One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest alumnus to join Jack Nicholson, Danny DeVito and Vincent Schiavelli amongst the Batman Rogues' Gallery?  ;D

Maybe, maybe not. You could say we're of two minds on the subject...   ;)

By the way Edd, did you recognise the quote?

I wasn't talking about throwing you (Edd) out of the window.  ;) ;D

What quote? I am not prepared to discuss any deals   :)

Looks like a really fun watch! :)