'Love That Joker' Smylex models

Started by EatFloorHighFiber, Thu, 26 Nov 2015, 06:00

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello, everyone.

Involving the faux commercial the Joker conjured up about his Smylex chemical, is there any hi-res photos available of the Joker models (played by Priscilla Cory and Rachel Ryan) or Becky, the ill-fated newscaster (played by Kit Hollerbach), such as behind the scenes shoots, make-up tests, etc.? All I could find is promo shots, and images of one of the Joker model cardboard cut-out props.

Cheers.

Welcome!  :)

All I could find was this cut-out of Priscilla Cory in make-up.

http://batmananthology.wikia.com/wiki/Priscilla_Cory
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Interesting tidbit about the models; I finished reading Sam Hamm's 1986 draft for Batman and there's a scene where Vicki Vale actually went to the modelling place (agency), through a message from Joe Kerr (get it?) and the models just started to experience the effects of the smylex and basically laughed themselves to death, leaving their faces contorted in that devilish grimace.

It was a cool scene but I'm glad that we got Burton's version.

Quote from: Grissom on Thu,  3 Dec  2015, 15:47
Interesting tidbit about the models; I finished reading Sam Hamm's 1986 draft for Batman and there's a scene where Vicki Vale actually went to the modelling place (agency), through a message from Joe Kerr (get it?) and the models just started to experience the effects of the smylex and basically laughed themselves to death, leaving their faces contorted in that devilish grimace.

It was a cool scene but I'm glad that we got Burton's version.
Yes, I love that scene in the earlier screenplay, where we actually witness their gruesome transformation during a photo-shoot.

I also love that the models are named 'Kelly Brinkley' and 'Christie Emberg' presumably in reference to real-life supermodels Kelly Emberg and Christie Brinkley.  How cool would it have been if Burton had hired real-life supermodels to play that scene, much like he hired Jerry Hall to play a similarly ill-fated supermodel.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.