Facebook
twitter

Author Topic: Wonder Woman (2017)  (Read 19478 times)

Offline The Joker

• Gotham Citizen
  • Dark Detective
  • Forum posts: 1,630
  • Image uploads: 8
  • Clown Prince of Themyscira
    • View Profile
Re: Wonder Woman (2017)
« Reply #210 on: Thu, 10 Aug 2017, 18:37 »

Digital 8/29 and Blu-ray 9/19.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Offline The Dark Knight

• Gotham Citizen
  • Dark Knight
  • Forum posts: 5,568
  • Image uploads: 146
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: Fri, 11 Aug 2017, 02:11 »
Frank Miller has called Wonder Woman the best superhero film since Superman: The Movie.
I know where he's coming from. It shares the same plot beats and charm of the first Reeve film. For all the fuss about this being a female directed film with a female lead actress, I actually don't think WW gets enough praise to be honest. I watched it again recently and enjoyed it a great deal. The visuals are top notch. I can tell effort was put in with the soundtrack. The action was solid. All of that stuff gets my tick of approval. But that all would mean nothing if it weren't for Gal Gadot. She made this movie what it is. Her naive goodness is what hooked me in. She's not just fun to watch - she has depth as well. Which sadly, seems to have gone out the window in other CBM's. Fun, fun, fun seems to override everything.

Offline riddler

• Gotham Citizen
  • Dark Detective
  • Forum posts: 1,117
  • Image uploads: 1
  • ?????????????????????????
    • View Profile
    • my forum
« Reply #212 on: Fri, 11 Aug 2017, 13:21 »
I actually think one of the hidden gems of this movie that isn't talked about enough is Trevor Slattery. I can't think of a movie which made a female lead and a male sidekick work as well as this one did. Typically that dynamic usually involves the male to be either a wimp or completely oblivious but the Slattery character was tough and heroic in his own right and I thought was a great character to help Diana and keep her grounded.

Not a member? Click here to register now!
Latest Forum Post
Re: Marvel's Punisher
by Silver Nemesis
Total Members: 697 | Total Posts: 48,802 | Total Topics: 3,134

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
| Design based on the Reference theme by Crip XHTML RSS WAP2 iPhone Theme Scrolling News Ticker by Mioplanet
"BATMAN" all related characters indicia are copyrighted by D.C. COMICS, a TIME-WARNER company. Batman created by Bob Kane and Bill Finger.
All features, articles and blogs are © of Batman-Online.com's staff & members (unless otherwise indicated) and may NOT be copied without the author's permission. All artwork is © of respective owners.
This is NOT an official Batman website. Conceived, designed and edited by Paul Rodgers since 1st June 2002. Facebook and twitter feeds maintained by Rick Francis and Azrael.