Wonder Woman (2017)

Started by The Joker, Wed, 25 Nov 2015, 16:23

Previous topic - Next topic
I will be honest. I have never cared if the hero/superhero kills the bad guys. including the film version's of Batman. How many times have we seen movies where the good guy shoots and kills countless henchmen and goons only to get to the villain, the worst one of them all, and say, "No, I'm better than you?" Of course, then that psychopath is put into prison only to escape and kill countless more innocent people. I had no qualms with what Superman had to do to Zod at the end of Man of Steel. The guy was a genocidal maniac who was about to kill innocent bystanders.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Sat,  3 Jun  2017, 23:12The First Avenger depicted the Axis forces wielding Hydra weaponry far more advanced than any technology available in WW2. Hydra use lasers. The Nazis didn't. The portrayal of 1940s weaponry was not historically accurate.

German battle dress from WW2:

Hydra armour from The First Avenger:

TFA depicted them using alien tech to create new tech. Not futuristic, but based on advanced things from the past. But that wasn't a depiction of the nazis. They even had a scene where Red Skull blows off Hitler and the nazis. That's a flaw in the film and it's apart of what makes it one of the weakest of phase 1 for me. Have a very great day!

God bless you all!

Zack Snyder has released the photo he took of Gal Gadot following his decision to cast her as Wonder Woman.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

I finally got to see the film. I'll start by saying I really liked Gal Gadot in the role but that was no surprise since I already enjoyed her performance in BvS: DoJ.

I also liked Chris Pine's Steve Trevor, and I think the film did well in balancing the humor and the more serious moments, though I never really had a huge problem with the DCEU's lack of jokes in the previous films.

Ares was not the highlight of the film for me, but still okay as a villain. I was more drawn to the theme that the DCEU films have been presenting, that humanity is still worth saving despite the bad things. I agree with the Captain America and Thor comparison, and overall I think WW is an above average comic book film and I'm happy it's succcesful. The ending also made me excited for Justice League.

Mon, 3 Jul 2017, 03:49 #204 Last Edit: Mon, 3 Jul 2017, 04:47 by The Joker
Wonder Woman is now the top grossing Domestic DCEU film.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Mon, 3 Jul 2017, 04:03 #205 Last Edit: Mon, 3 Jul 2017, 09:33 by The Laughing Fish
Quote from: The Joker on Mon,  3 Jul  2017, 03:49
Wonder Woman is now the top grossing Domestic DCEU film.

Link retracted to deny clickbait trash any attention.

Oh no. You gave clicks to one of the biggest anti-DCEU rumour mongerers on the net.

Why Joker, Why? :'( ;)

Glad to see WW holding up strong.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Mon,  3 Jul  2017, 04:03
Oh no. You gave clicks to one of the biggest anti-DCEU rumour mongerers on the net.

Why Joker, Why? :'( ;)

Thanks for the heads up!

I make a little bit of an effort to ignore all the praise/gripes when it comes to most films these days, but I wasn't aware that the site in question was an Anti-DCEU site. So, outside of using a DeLorean with a flux Capacitor, which I don't have, I have removed the link.

So for anyone who didn't see the link, .... just take my word for it.  ;D

QuoteGlad to see WW holding up strong.

Yup. I'm with that.

I'm glad to hear Wonder Woman is doing well at the box office. It's a good movie and it deserves its success. Pre-release forecasts were predicting it would gross something similar to Doctor Strange. Right now it's actually overperforming. And since this is the smallest budgeted DCEU film to date, the profit margin will be even bigger than that of Suicide Squad.

Frank Miller has called Wonder Woman the best superhero film since Superman: The Movie. He also talked briefly about Affleck and the Daredevil TV series.

QuoteWhat did you think of Wonder Woman? The movie, I mean.
I adored it. I honestly think it's the best superhero movie since the original Chris Reeve Superman. I thought they honestly hit out of the park.

What did you like about it?
Everything I can name. By far and away the thing I liked the most was [Gal] Gadot herself. I thought she was genuinely mythic. Beyond being spectacularly beautiful, her performance was magical. They played up the mythological aspects wonderfully. The historical stuff was spot-on. Even some of the casting choices, right down to having Captain Kirk show up as Steve Trevor — using him to underscore her eternal youth and beauty, by having him cast clearly as the fragile mortal she'd leave behind. They did so much right. It's wonderful.

Speaking of the DC movies, you got name-checked today at Hall H. Ben Affleck was asked where he was when he found out he got the role of Batman and he said he was talking to Zack Snyder, and Snyder reached down under his desk and brought out a statue version of Batman and Superman fighting in The Dark Knight Returns. He said something like, "I want to make a movie like this." Have you interacted much with Ben Affleck?
I met Ben first on the Daredevil set. We got along great there. I've seen him from time to time since, but not all that much. A real nice guy.

Speaking of Daredevil, have you watched the Daredevil Netflix series yet?
Not really, no. I haven't had a chance yet.

Hm, interesting.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to it.
http://www.vulture.com/2017/07/comics-legend-frank-miller-talks-daredevil-and-dark-knight.html

Great to hear Frank enjoyed watching Wonder Woman so much. Disheartening to read that he has yet to check out Netflix Daredevil thus far. Hopefully he'll get around to it soon enough. His fingerprints are all over it.