Wonder Woman (2017)

Started by The Joker, Wed, 25 Nov 2015, 16:23

Previous topic - Next topic
I've been searching the net and I found these comic influences.

Pretty darn cool.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 16 May  2017, 05:22
Quote from: The Joker on Tue, 16 May  2017, 04:12
I use to, once upon a time, have some interest in critics, but after example after example of blatant showings of group think and positive reviews because a movie is simply pushing a agenda, my reverence for them is absolutely zilch. They essentially CNN'ed themselves.
The outrages have become white noise. I don't think they're converting anybody. It only really appeals to the people who already hated whatever is being bashed in the first place. Others either yawn or fight back against the bias.

Well, it appears that Wonder Woman is going to buck the trend, because the early critical reactions are overwhelmingly positive.

Source: www.gamesradar.com/the-dc-movie-ive-been-waiting-for-the-first-wonder-woman-reviews-are-in-and-theyre-overwhelmingly-positive/

But in any case, I ask: who the hell cares? I saw some of these critics taking the opportunity to have a go at Zack Snyder on Twitter - unaware that the guy is co-credited for coming for the movie's plot. What utter morons.

I don't love Snyder, but for some people to suggest he hates women clearly shows that they haven't been paying attention.

Whether any of us will like WW or not will depend on each of our own opinion.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri, 19 May  2017, 05:36
I've been searching the net and I found these comic influences.

Pretty darn cool.

Sweet.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Fri, 19 May  2017, 13:37
Well, it appears that Wonder Woman is going to buck the trend, because the early critical reactions are overwhelmingly positive.
I think there are several factors at play here.

I wouldn't be surprised if the film gets good reviews, only for the worm to turn on Zack Snyder's Justice League. The narrative will then become 'Patty Jenkins succeeded and Zack failed yet again. Patty needs to direct all the DCEU films it seems'.

There's also another factor - the political one. Patty Jenkins being a woman who directed the (potentially) first ever critically acclaimed female superhero film could be a way for people with agendas to not only attack against Snyder, but to promote more female-oriented action films BY women. Now, there's absolutely nothing wrong about the latter part of what I've said, but it's pretty sh*tty of these people use prop a film at the expense of somebody else.

Besides, if there is one thing Ghostbusters 2016 taught me, there is a clear divide between critics with agendas and mass audiences. Clearly, a lot of critics wanted that film to do well for the sake it had an all-female cast. A lot of fans dismissed the film because they said it wasn't any good - despite the small number of misogynists rallying against it in the beginning. And it shows in the box office.  That's another reason why I take the early reaction as a grain of salt.

Of course, I still think WW will be a great film. I'm only very skeptical of what the critics will claim.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sat, 20 May  2017, 01:41
There's also another factor - the political one. Patty Jenkins being a woman who directed the (potentially) first ever critically acclaimed female superhero film could be a way for people with agendas to not only attack against Snyder, but to promote more female-oriented action films BY women. Now, there's absolutely nothing wrong about the latter part of what I've said, but it's pretty sh*tty of these people use prop a film at the expense of somebody else.
Yep. I'm guessing their love of being a SJW overrode their love of hating on DCEU films.

More new images:

And to add to the current topic of discussion, I see that Wonder Woman is getting alot of praise from the "professional" critics, and internet critics alike, but as I've stated previously, the praise will not, and does not have any sort of weight in my perception and, once I've actually seen the film, overall review. The warm reception doesn't get me excited, nor does it make me feel prideful as a follower of the movie, and fan of the character.

Perhaps I might have felt differently if it wasn't for the unashamedly agenda filled praise/hatred we've seen towards particular films in recent years, but that's obviously the current climate we live in, and these instances cannot and should not be ignored. The critical embargo being negative/positive, especially where the DCEU is concerned, has become a non factor, and these guys have themselves to thank for that.

Like the other two DCEU films, I'm sure there will be stuff in there that I might not like (depending on how much New52 history that's borrowed), but at the same time, I'm hoping there will be alot in there that I do find to be pleasing.

Can't wait to finally see it!

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Just got back from seeing it, I liked it a lot.  This is in general a crowd pleasing type of film, I think it will do well.

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Fri, 19 May  2017, 13:37But in any case, I ask: who the hell cares? I saw some of these critics taking the opportunity to have a go at Zack Snyder on Twitter - unaware that the guy is co-credited for coming for the movie's plot. What utter morons.
Writing the plot doesn't mean much, unless the script itself was written by the same person. The script and direction is what gets the final quality say generally. Have a very great day!

God bless you all!

Quote from: The Joker on Wed, 31 May  2017, 23:15

More new images:

I like this poster the most. Clean, and an elegant pose.
Quote from: OutRiddled on Thu,  1 Jun  2017, 02:47
Just got back from seeing it, I liked it a lot.  This is in general a crowd pleasing type of film, I think it will do well.

Cool beans. How do you rate out of all the DCEU films to date?