Wonder Woman (2017)

Started by The Joker, Wed, 25 Nov 2015, 16:23

Previous topic - Next topic
Sat, 22 Apr 2017, 04:58 #150 Last Edit: Sat, 22 Apr 2017, 05:01 by The Dark Knight
I can tell if someone is fake. And I don't get that impression with Gal. She appears genuinely friendly, and because she's not neck deep in Hollyweird like other actors, she's not tainted by it. She seems to have a joyful innocence about her. I can see she's thankful to be apart of the DCEU. She never planned on being an actress, so take that into consideration. I think she wanted to be a chereographer originally. As a former combat instructor in the Israeli army and as a model, I think she's the perfect fit for a character that is all about strength and beauty.

People talk about her limited acting experience, but I see that as a positive. This quote from Gal for instance:

"What's so lovely about Wonder Woman is yes, she has the strength and power of a goddess, but she has the heart and mind of a human. So I play her as I think a woman like me would act in the situations she's going through. You treat her as a normal woman who happens to be fantastic and almighty."

During BvS I never thought 'Gee, Gadot is wooden and shouldn't have been cast in the first place." If aspects of Gal's own humanity and warmth shines through she doesn't really need to act. Gal really only has to channel herself.

I think you and me are going to be at the front of the line when the film opens, Joker.  ;)

Spoken like a true Prodigy, TDK!

You get it. And what I mean by that, is that it was incredibly important that not only the right actress to get this part, but the right woman who radiates the beautiful qualities that you specified in your above post. Not just any plastic cookie cutter actress from Hollyweird would have sufficed, and Snyder deserves no end of thanks for understanding that. No. This role, which is incredibly iconic within the comic book realm of movies, but has only been really associated with one actress for decades (Lynda Carter), needed a rigorous vetting process. Just basing the role on mere looks wasn't the way to go, and again, I'm VERY thankful in Snyder in that he was more than willing to buck the system, and that of preconceived notions of fanboys. Which is always a plus. It happened with Affleck, and it would happen with Gale, with the end result being that both were, in my estimation, phenomenal, and so went the constant whining/protesting of their respective casting decisions.

Getting back to Gal Gadot, yeah, I wholeheartedly agree that she does indeed come across as a genuine nice person, and has always presented herself, whether it be in interviews or on a social media platform, with decency, decorum, and professionalism. Which is becoming an increasingly rare trait in Hollyweird these days. Needless to say, her husband is a very lucky man. "That I can tell you!"

Quote from: The Dark KnightI think you and me are going to be at the front of the line when the film opens, Joker.  ;)

For sure! We got this. 8)

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Mon, 24 Apr  2017, 01:41
For sure! We got this. 8)
We don't shiv, spud. We slice n' dice!

More Wonder Woman pictures!

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Word around the campfire is the film may be 2 hours 21 minutes in length:

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/wonder-woman-movie-runtime-rumored

One Month Away!

Plus some magazine covers.

Collage Time

This new TV spot is the best so far.

Honestly, I may end up liking this more than Man of Steel.