Wonder Woman (2017)

Started by The Joker, Wed, 25 Nov 2015, 16:23

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm not familiar with this composer, but he has Zimmer's amazing theme at his disposal. So that's all he needs.

I'll take this opportunity to post a picture as well. Gal getting ready for the critics.  ;D

Haha!

Really looking forward to what these talents dish out in June!

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Lovely Gal featured on a upcoming Empire Magazine.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

She didn't fit what I thought of as Wonder Woman at first but gah she's beautiful. Totally grown on me.

If you don't want any possible spoilers, look away.

There's a rumor that:

Wonder Woman apparently starts in the present day with Bruce Wayne emailing Diana Prince when she's in Paris. He is trying to get her help in recruiting a group of meta-humans to form the Justice League. She then decides to tell him the story of the first time she came across mankind in 1918, when the rest of the film is set. By the end of the film, she agrees to join him.

Last year, a Wonder Woman set photo alluding to Batman's cameo in the film, appeared on Twitter. The picture showed Gadot standing next to a Wayne Enterprises bank truck during a scene in Paris.

I suspected this could happen. Hopefully something like this eventuates.

I don't like it.

Characters sitting around emailing or Googling on a computer is one of the least cinematic things you can have them do.  It reminds me of the universally savaged scene in BvS, where Batman checks out the potential JLA recruits in Lex's files.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed,  1 Mar  2017, 00:34
If you don't want any possible spoilers, look away.

My response to these possible SPOILERS are in white.

I prefer this isn't true. I like the idea that Superman's sacrifice to save the planet inspired both Batman AND Wonder Woman to work together in gathering the rest of the metahumans to form the League. Diana still needing to be convinced to join the cause, I don't know, feels off. On one hand, I can see how witnessing the worst in humanity during WWI isn't something for anybody to get over. But on the other hand, I like the idea of Superman's legacy restores not only Bruce's faith, but Diana's too.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Wed,  1 Mar  2017, 10:34
I don't like it.

Characters sitting around emailing or Googling on a computer is one of the least cinematic things you can have them do.  It reminds me of the universally savaged scene in BvS, where Batman checks out the potential JLA recruits in Lex's files.

This is the 21st century, that's how information is gathered and transferred. Are you really that f***ing stupid? (Don't bother answering, I already know)

And where has that scene been "universally savaged?" You're literally the first person I've seen bring it up. Sounds more like "I'm a f***ing moron who doesn't know how to think for himself but someone said it on IMDb so I'll go with it. Whatever will I do now that I don't have them to tell me what to think? Maybe a celebrity will. Ah, saved."