Wonder Woman (2017)

Started by The Joker, Wed, 25 Nov 2015, 16:23

Previous topic - Next topic
New 'fire' image.

&

Lynda with Gal as Wonder Woman is named Special UN Ambassador.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Gal is so amazing even in stills. I need that as a poster, stat.

I love the UN initiative (and the pic of Lynda and Gal!). I do not love these f***ing morons making an issue of using her cause of her outfit or her being a violent comic character and all that bullsh*t. But that's the modern world for you. People wake up excited to find something new to bitch about.

Here's another picture of Gal Gadot in her Wonder Woman glory fighting Doomsday behind the scenes of BvS.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

See half of me loves those behind the scenes pics, the other half is like "My childhood was a lie!" even though the movie only came out seven months ago and only two months before my 30th freaking birthday

The 2nd Trailer is now HERE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q8fG0TtVAY

In addition, we now also have 3 new Posters.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

I like how this trailer calls back to the photograph from BvS.  8)

Quote from: Catwoman on Wed,  2 Nov  2016, 02:20
See half of me loves those behind the scenes pics, the other half is like "My childhood was a lie!"

I know the feeling too well. In fact, I might've taken a break from comic-related stuff because of that.  :-[
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

The trailer is pretty freaking epic and the posters are gorgeous.

Going off the trailer, it does appear as if Elena Anaya's character will indeed be of Wonder Woman villain, Doctor Poison.

One tip off is that Anaya's character's attire is strikingly similar to that of the Golden Age Dr. Poison, also we get the allusion of her character working with toxins. In addition, there is also a quick shot of her in a trenchcoat and fedora that suggests she won't be a character that is adverse to disguises when the situation calls for it.

The Golden Age Dr. Poison was often confused for being a male due to her disguise and mask.

For the film however, we see that Anaya's character is indeed wearing a mask, but this might be due to the fact that in the early 1900's, particularly during and after WW1, prosthetic masks were often implemented for people as a form of 'facial reconstruction' due to the horrors of war, and/or disfigurement.

Disfigurement wasn't something that the Golden Age Dr. Poison suffered from, but with comics being translated to film, changes will occur, and going this route may just provide a inner 'motivation' for Princess Maru aka Dr. Poison to lash out against the world.

We'll see of course, but the evidence is clearly there.

Good write up, Joker! Admittedly, I know nothing about the Wonder Woman mythos, but the evidence you brought up is hard to dismiss.

Who do you think Danny Huston will be playing? I predict it will be Ares.

I'm a genuine Wonder Woman fan these days. Her cinematic debut has been nothing short of amazing.