Wonder Woman (2017)

Started by The Joker, Wed, 25 Nov 2015, 16:23

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Joker on Sat, 23 Jan  2016, 06:32

Because it's the Wonder Woman thread, here's the concept artwork that was released awhile back in deciding her cinematic look.

Looks awesome.

Her suit is excellent. I'm glad they went in the direction they did. You know, showing skin and evoking the traditional look but updated to modern times. Let women be women.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1imustIqOnk

Who says DC won't have fun a lot of fun with their properties? Loving what I'm seeing from BvS, Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman.

Making this a historical film, World War One era, is a smart move in my view. Captain America: The First Avenger was WW2. This is WW1. So even further back. And the big point of difference is Wonder Woman has actually lived those years up until the present day - whereas Cap was frozen. There's something about an individual who has lived for such a long time, seen so much and seen people come and go that connects with me. Batman is a great fighter, but Wonder Woman has been doing it a lot longer. She's sure to be wise and deep down an old soul. The groundwork is all there. If done correctly, this film can be so much more than a 'hot girl kicking ass.'

Really like Wonder Woman's interaction with Bruce from the final Batman v Superman trailer.  :)

"Oh, I don't think you've ever known a woman like me."

It's true, Bruce. It's damn true!

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Wed, 17 Feb 2016, 15:54 #25 Last Edit: Wed, 17 Feb 2016, 15:56 by The Joker

The Original live action Wonder Woman (yes Lynda Carter, sorry Cathy Lee Crosby), the would-be Wonder Women, and of course, the New Wonder Woman.  :)

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Wed, 17 Feb  2016, 15:54

The Original live action Wonder Woman (yes Lynda Carter, sorry Cathy Lee Crosby), the would-be Wonder Women, and of course, the New Wonder Woman.  :)
Is the second pic, featuring I believe Megan Gale, an actual costume test or simply a piece of very early pre-production artwork?
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

I believe that's a photo of the costume test for Justice League Mortal. I really want to see the rest of the costume tests for that, though I have a feeling their Superman and Batman won't look as good as what we're getting in March.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Quote from: BatmAngelus on Wed, 17 Feb  2016, 19:04
I believe that's a photo of the costume test for Justice League Mortal. I really want to see the rest of the costume tests for that, though I have a feeling their Superman and Batman won't look as good as what we're getting in March.
I think Megan Gale looked great as Wonder Woman, but I wasn't too sure about some of the other casting choices for that proposed Justice League film, like Arnie Hammer for Batman and Adam Brody for The Flash.

On the other hand, George Miller was set to direct it, and who wouldn't want to see a comic-book movie from the guy who made Max Max?
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.