Batman Returns style guide

Started by BatmanReturns88, Sat, 21 Nov 2015, 13:53

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi fellow Batman fans :) - I'm new around here. To be precise, I used to be a member a few years ago but then lost username and password and had to create a new account  ;D

Anyway - the first Batman movie I have any memory of being excited about is Batman Forever - I was crazy about that movie and when it came out it was all we kids talked about. It was released late 1995 here in Italy.

I loved that movie and, to be honest, didn't particularly care for Burton's Batman films growing up. I still hold a soft spot for the Sonar suit  :D

As I've grown older Tim's Batmans have definitely become my favorites and, lately, I've come to realize that Batman Returns is a masterpiece and the best Batman film ever.

I've been looking for a Batman Returns style guide for a long time and just lost a bid on ebay for one yesterday. It's very very rare and I was wondering if please anybody could help me out. I'd be willing to pay good money to get it.

It's like a press kit containing the deisgns/drawings that were done by Jose Luis Garcia Lopez as reference for merchandising and licensing.

There are some pics from it in the gallery here

You would think that in 2015 we would have this stuff available to us online as PDFs unless they're just afraid of bootleggers. I know a lot of the sports leagues keep theirs under serious wraps for that reason, but come on, it came out in 1992.

I'd love to see the Catwoman guides. Actually I'd like to see all of it cause based off that Batman page it would have a lot of interesting stuff with different color styles and what not and y'all know Kitty loves the eye candy.

That Bob Ringwood comment about Schumacher is hilarious.

I think Schumacher gets way too much hate. I didn't think there was anything wrong with his Batsuits and I never even noticed the infamous "Bat-nipples" until the internet.

Funny thing is, one of main reasons Ringwood resents him is that he took all the credit for the Bat-nipples. I was never sure wether Ringwood was homosexual or not until I saw his Facebook page, but his overuse of the word "sexy" in old interviews always made me wonder. Those are the only two people I can think of that were militantly pro-nipple. Other than that the best you can hope for are people that were indifferent or didn't really notice. Of course the two guys who actually had to sculpt the costumes, Jose & Miles, were strongly opposed to the idea. Say what you will about Schumacher's stylistic choices, now we have a peer of his that worked on the whole series attacking his character.

Here's a Catwoman pic

Quote from: Furstmobile on Wed, 25 Nov  2015, 14:53Funny thing is, one of main reasons Ringwood resents him is that he took all the credit for the Bat-nipples.
;D

Why would you fight over credit for the Bat-nipples?
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.