Our ranking of Batman films

Started by Edd Grayson, Fri, 13 Nov 2015, 14:28

Previous topic - Next topic
I think people are too quick to dismiss BF today, for me it's quite inventive, and a good movie.

well i certainly like it and defend it as much as i can.
Ohhhh, that looks like fun! Lemme try! *Lemme try!* Ball up the fist, reach way back, and assert your... OW!!

I don't presume any Batman movie is flawless, but I stick to what I think is great about them and share my point of view if asked.

thats true - BF is far from flawless but i really enjoy it :)
Ohhhh, that looks like fun! Lemme try! *Lemme try!* Ball up the fist, reach way back, and assert your... OW!!

Quote from: Max Shreck on Sat,  9 Jan  2016, 17:21
I think people are too quick to dismiss BF today, for me it's quite inventive, and a good movie.
I really need to sit down and watch it again in full, but yes, I agree. It's still not quite 'my' Batman but it has more going for it than not. I quite enjoy Batman and Robin these days, but don't know where to rank it honestly. And I think Batman and Robin definitely impacted on the general feelings people had with BF as well. Any goodwill people had with Schumacher had all but gone by that point.

I watched Batman & Robin lately and it's not a very good movie, but not the worst. People shouldn't group them together IMHO. Forever is quite good, and could have been great.

I'm amending my ranking of live action Batman films once again to add BvS:

• Batman 89
  • Batman Returns
  • Batman 66
  • Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
  • Batman Forever
  • Batman & Robin
  • The Dark Knight Rises
  • Batman Begins
  • The Dark Knight

Sitting in fourth place behind the Burton ones and the 1966 Adam West movie is nothing to be ashamed about, in my opinion.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Tue, 31 May  2016, 11:11
Sitting in fourth place behind the Burton ones and the 1966 Adam West movie is nothing to be ashamed about, in my opinion.
I have BvS third in my rankings, with Batman Returns top and Batman (1989) second.

1.  The dark knight
2. Batman 89
3. Batman Forever
4. Batman v Superman
5. Batman Begins
6. Batman 66
7. Batman Returns
8. The Dark Knight rises
9. Batman and Robin

and truthfully if I had to watch a movie tonight and my choices had to be one with Bane, I'd choose Batman and Robin.

Fri, 3 Mar 2017, 03:00 #29 Last Edit: Mon, 13 Mar 2017, 22:57 by OutRiddled
Batman (1989)
Batman Returns/Batman Forever
Batman V Superman/Suicide Squad
Batman Begins
Batman and Robin
Batman (1966)
The Dark Knight Rises
The Dark Knight