terminator genysis

Started by riddler, Thu, 6 Aug 2015, 09:22

Previous topic - Next topic
Any terminator fans here?

In my opinion this one was the best entry in the series since T2. Arnold was back on his game. I did enjoy how it honoured the first two films and didn't contradict the last two but also didn't reference them. I know it gets slagged for changing the time travel rules but that already happened with T3 delaying Judgement Day. Now the one thing I'm worried about is that it leaves things open ended at the end and will go down as as unresolved cliff hanger should no sequel be made. As of right now the box office intake is rather pedestrian but hopefully the studios realize how profitable these films can be.

I also liked Terminator Genysis but I have to say I don't rate it based on the past films like some fans do. Yes, Emilia Clarke is not Linda Hamilton and Jai Courtney is no Michael Biehn, but that didn't stop me from enjoying this film for what it's worth.

I love Terminator Genisys! It's a really fun film and my second favorite next to T2! 😄

Good to see I am not alone in this, Killer Croc.  ;)

I rather enjoyed it. You go in expecting a reboot and by about the 40 minute mark, you just resign yourself to the understanding that this is it's own thing. It's not a reboot or a remake or a sequel. It's Genisys.

Yes... but did Emilia Clarke really have to call Arnold "Pops" all the time? It got old fast.  ;D

I recently saw this. I liked it more than I thought I would, given the harsh reviews. Some people despise some of the plot decisions, but I give them credit for making bold choices whereas the other Terminator sequels didn't. Sure, it's not perfect. But it sustained my interest well enough.

I thought it was good, but I'm not sure I want another one. And they seem to have set that up.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon, 28 Dec  2015, 17:40I recently saw this. I liked it more than I thought I would, given the harsh reviews. Some people despise some of the plot decisions, but I give them credit for making bold choices whereas the other Terminator sequels didn't. Sure, it's not perfect. But it sustained my interest well enough.
That's the issue right there. Terminator 3 is enjoyable enough, I guess, but it didn't really innovate on anything. It's basically just another Terminator movie... which is probably one reason why it's thought of as an also-ran these days.

Dammit, Genisys at least erred by constantly pissing all over everybody's expectations, zigging when everyone thought it would zag and so forth. It's just a more enjoyable movie in my opinion. Probably the third best in the franchise.

I would agree. Genesis dared to go against the grain and do something different. The mainstream were so used to the established, autopilot timeline they had been presented with. Anything new automatically meant it was out of place and out of character. This film justified itself a whole lot more than the mediocre Salavation.