Is He Really THAT Stupid?

Started by Catwoman, Wed, 15 Jul 2015, 00:33

Previous topic - Next topic
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/14/jesse-eisenberg-comic-con-genocide

I am so freaking over these so called celebrities who live in their own little fishbowl and think they're the center of the universe and a broken nail is the end of the world. Yes, Jesse, having thousands of people screaming at you because they're excited about a role you play is TOTALLY equivalent to mass murder.

What a moron.

And I know he's introverted. I mean I didn't before but I do now. And I get that something like that would be a bit nerve wracking but "genocide?" Really?

And to save myself from getting banned for my reaction if someone were to tell me "you don't understand what it's like to be introverted," one of my friends and softball teammates is VERY introverted. I've seen how he handled attention when he would do really good and how nervous it makes him to become the center of attention, and when he performed badly and got booed or criticized by us even in fun. It would like destroy him inside. It was painful to watch. But he agrees with me on this. I just got his opinion on this before I made this second posting and even he thinks it was a way out there comment.

I guess in Jesse's defense, if he was that overwhelmed maybe his brain switched off and he didn't think about what he was really saying. I guess it's kind of frantic in those conventions and obviously very loud, but idk where he was when he was interviewed. I'm sure regardless he would say something different if he had a do over but would he because he genuinely realizes how stupid a comment it was or would he because of the backlash. It's the whole "apologizing not because you're sorry but because you got caught" concept.

Really not a very smart choice of words at all. People are just being fans, and he acts like it's torture. Anyways, while a lot of the hype for BvS is positive, most of the negative reception is based on Eisenberg as Luthor. While I reserve judgment until actually seeing the movie, he pretty much made a sticky situation worse for himself.

Definitely not a good choice of word, but we all learn from mistakes.  8)

I find it a little hard to believe that Eisenberg has never dealt with this type of thing before. He's attended huge premieres, he's walked red carpet press lines, the whole thing. If this was the first time he'd ever encountered overwhelming popularity, I'd understand. But he's been around a fair bit by now. Grow a thicker skin.

It doesn't help that Eisenberg is the one element of this production that the fans are still most sceptical about.  Most people I know seem to agree that Affleck and Cavill look great as Batman and Superman respectively, but the jury is still out on the new Lex Luthor.

Furthermore, we've seen how things end when actors and filmmakers have little respect for the source material and fans with the new Fantastic Four movie, and it ain't pretty.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

I hadn't heard he had done something like this till I checked the fourm today and saw a thread titled "Is He Really THAT Stupid?" lol well you know I had to click on that.

Anyways,. sure it was stupid and not well thought out. but coming from someone with what is considered "Severe" mental disabilities I can tell you I would never be able to go to a convention like that, it would literally feel like torture, I don't know what's wrong with Jessie, personally I don't really care,. but coming from a mental health stand point, I know how I'd feel

btw, I think this is my first post. so Hi :)

Hello Silver_Tiger.  Welcome!  :)

I also have some mental health issues for which I take medication.  That said, I do think Jesse Eisenberg really chose his words very poorly, but admittedly, my own mental health problems wouldn't prevent me or make it particularly difficult to speak at such a convention, were I ever in such a position.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

"Ooh, very poor choice of words."   :D

How can you involve yourself in a genre that has as much hype as this one does and not be just a tad more...informed? That was strange.