The Killing Joke

Started by Catwoman, Sun, 12 Jul 2015, 19:06

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Catwoman on Fri, 29 Apr  2016, 15:22
I would hope we avoid any cheap shock value (the graphic novel brought more than enough shock to the table). Part of that is the Timm/Conroy/Hamill factor, nothing can ruin nearly a 1/4 century run at this point but it would rub a little shine off. It would just be a shame to see them go there. It's not needed. Maybe it's because of the way they are all but deified in the Bat universe but I just have this upstanding image of them that says they won't go there because it's not necessary for what they're doing.
I always thought TKJ was an advert *against* abusing females. It shows how disgusting and degrading it is, which is obviously the decent human reaction against this sort of behaviour. Just because it is being depicted doesn't make it an endorsement. I think it's also important to see the ugly reality to make people sit up and take notice. To say 'this is not okay', we need people like Batman out there fighting such people. People like The Joker who think abuse of any kind is a joke. It's not.

Release date: August 2.

sh*t. So it's either buy this or go see Suicide Squad. I think the answer is obvious. I'll have to wait a while on seeing this. Son of a bitch.

The cover art is totally rad!

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

That is sensational.

Wonder how many Christmas stockings that's going to wind up in.

What Joker would everyone be here?

I'd have the hair of Ledger, the skinniness of the Arkham games and the dress sense of Nicholson.

The appearance of Alex Ross' Joker, the creativeness of Mark Hamill's Joker, and the humor of Jack Nicholson's Joker.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Wed,  4 May  2016, 19:33

The appearance of Alex Ross' Joker, the creativeness of Mark Hamill's Joker, and the humor of Jack Nicholson's Joker.
Good choice.  ;D

;)   ;D

And the violence of Azzarello's  Joker.