DoJ Pictures

Started by johnnygobbs, Thu, 2 Jul 2015, 15:25

Previous topic - Next topic
Indeed. Those comments don't really make any sense. It can apply to any actor or actress. 'I don't see Clark Kent I see Henry Cavill', etc, etc. Ben is a bigger name, but we all know who the real life performers of any characters are.

Except Christian Bale of course. He totally blends into the role of Bruce Wayne to where Christian no longer exists, hell he is exactly what Bruce Wayne looks like. In fact he should totally change his name to Bruce Wayne because he totally is less Christian Bale than he is Bruce Wayne.

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

And I know sarcasm doesn't register well for some peeps so I'll go ahead and add that that was total sarcasm and me imitating Bale-man's fanboys. lol.

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Thu, 30 Jul  2015, 09:23
Quote from: Nycteris on Thu, 30 Jul  2015, 00:34
WTF. The moment this cover appeared there were the inevitable "Batman has no neck" jokes in fb bat-communities.

It's either a really bad edit, or they had better stills to choose from.

Who knows?

Source: http://www.slashfilm.com/new-batman-v-superman-photos/

Anyway, here's a much clearer view of Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent on the cover.

Of course, you still see stupid complaints from people e.g. "I don't see Bruce Wayne, I see Ben Affleck". Idiots.

One can be sure Empire received an entire press kit of yet unpublished promo stills and behind-the-scenes with the actors in costume besides the few they published.

My point was - is this THING the best Batman pic they could publish on the cover of their magazine? Looking at it again, it looks like bad photoshop. You can even notice bad masking in the left neck area.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 30 Jul  2015, 09:42Indeed. Those comments don't really make any sense. It can apply to any actor or actress. 'I don't see Clark Kent I see Henry Cavill', etc, etc. Ben is a bigger name, but we all know who the real life performers of any characters are.
I've never understood that argument myself. Besides Batman has rarely been played by an unknown in live action in recent decades. Ben Affleck is the latest in a long line of established names (stars in some cases) to play the role.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 30 Jul  2015, 09:42
Indeed. Those comments don't really make any sense. It can apply to any actor or actress. 'I don't see Clark Kent I see Henry Cavill', etc, etc. Ben is a bigger name, but we all know who the real life performers of any characters are.

I think what they are trying to say is that they don't think the actor has "changed enough" for the role (usually compared to another actor) which is of course only a matter of opinion. Some can say that they just see Jack Nicholson in a purple suit, while I can say I see the Joker.

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Thu, 30 Jul  2015, 22:24
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 30 Jul  2015, 09:42

I think what they are trying to say is that they don't think the actor has "changed enough" for the role (usually compared to another actor) which is of course only a matter of opinion. Some can say that they just see Jack Nicholson in a purple suit, while I can say I see the Joker.

It's such a strange complaint to make now because apparently back in the 80s, the critical consensus claimed that Nicholson embodied everything about the Joker.

Total Film magazine released a new cover of the heroes a couple of days ago.

And here are these behind-the-scenes photos of Superman and Batman.

Source: http://www.gamesradar.com/see-exclusive-batman-v-superman-dawn-justice-pictures-total-film/
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

WonderGal is very pleasing on the eye. All three of them are, frankly. I'm still optimistic about the movie.

The only thing I am worried about now is the villain(s)