DoJ Pictures

Started by johnnygobbs, Thu, 2 Jul 2015, 15:25

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: johnnygobbs on Fri,  3 Jul  2015, 23:20
Whatever else that can be said, good or bad about the look of this movie, I can't deny, Affleck looks great in the Bat-costume.

Same here JG. I'm hoping people get over their hate for Affleck the way they did for Keaton 27 years earlier and jusdge the film based on its merits. It looks like Affleck will be the grouchy stick in the mud wayne. This if post-Robin so we'll likely get the angry Bruce who's been through way too much crap over the years and trusts no one.

I don't really think there's any Affleck hate anymore, or at least people are waiting to judge the performance. I think it was mostly due to him being a completely unexpected choice out of nowhere. People have had time to mentally adjust to the news.

Supes and Bats will appear on the front cover of that dreadful Empire Magazine in September.

And here's a textless version of the cover.

I've seen some people complain that Affleck looks "too big" and "he has no neck". I reckon he captures Frank Miller's vision perfectly.

:D
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Mon, 27 Jul  2015, 10:33
Supes and Bats will appear on the front cover of that dreadful Empire Magazine in September.
'Dreadful'?  Why?  I've been collecting "Empire" for a couple of decades and I don't know why you think it's 'dreadful'.

The only think I'd say is dreadful is the new cover with the tear effect across the middle.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Mon, 27 Jul  2015, 18:45
Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Mon, 27 Jul  2015, 10:33
'Dreadful'?  Why?  I've been collecting "Empire" for a couple of decades and I don't know why you think it's 'dreadful'.

The only think I'd say is dreadful is the new cover with the tear effect across the middle.

I won't lie, I dislike most movie magazines, but I especially disagree with Empire for lots of reviews and they basically suck up to the big name directors. But then again, they might have vested interest in doing so. It's just a personal thing, nothing else.  :-\ 

Anyway, if you look at the bottom right corner of that cover, you'll notice an alternate cover of the two as Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I like the concept of the cover. I wish this was the '90s still and the cover was those hologram things where if you move it side to side or up and down the image transforms from them out of suit to in costume and ready to kick ass. But that fun stuff is dead and gone so I guess this will have to do.

I've liked everything I've seen of Affleck. Keaton is anchored to number one spot for me, but I think Affleck is going to become one of my favourites. He seems to have the billionaire playboy side, which Clooney did have. His steely expressions also give me enough confidence in terms of darkness/introspection.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed, 29 Jul  2015, 03:27
I've liked everything I've seen of Affleck. Keaton is anchored to number one spot for me, but I think Affleck is going to become one of my favourites. He seems to have the billionaire playboy side, which Clooney did have. His steely expressions also give me enough confidence in terms of darkness/introspection.

This. Except Val is in there too for me at number 1. lol

WTF. The moment this cover appeared there were the inevitable "Batman has no neck" jokes in fb bat-communities.

It's either a really bad edit, or they had better stills to choose from.

Quote from: Nycteris on Thu, 30 Jul  2015, 00:34
WTF. The moment this cover appeared there were the inevitable "Batman has no neck" jokes in fb bat-communities.

It's either a really bad edit, or they had better stills to choose from.

Who knows?

Source: http://www.slashfilm.com/new-batman-v-superman-photos/

Anyway, here's a much clearer view of Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent on the cover.

Of course, you still see stupid complaints from people e.g. "I don't see Bruce Wayne, I see Ben Affleck". Idiots.