YOUR Batman TV Show

Started by Catwoman, Fri, 19 Jun 2015, 00:51

Previous topic - Next topic
What do ya'll think now?

I have given a lot of thought to this. I even came up with four seasons of it. It would exist in the Flash/Arrow universe.

This is my fan cast. The only one's I'm not sure about are my choices for Bruce and Selina, so if you have better choices, please tell me.

Luke Mitchell as Bruce Wayne/Batman

Shelley Hennig as Selina Kyle/Catwoman

Jack Coleman as Captain James Gordon

Colin Donnell as Harvey Dent/Two-Face

Brie Larson as Barbara Gordon/Batgirl/Oracle

Dylan Minnette as Richard "Dick" Grayson/Robin/Nightwing

Roger Rees as Alfred Pennyworth

Alan Tudyk as The Red Hood/The Joker

Alison Brie as Dr. Harleen Quinzel/Harley Quinn

Lacey Chabert as Zatana Zatara

Seth Gabel as Edward Nashton/Edward Nygma/The Riddler

Tobin Bell as Victor Fries/Mr. Freeze

Giancarlo Esposito as Professor Hugo Strange

Garret Dillahunt as Julian Day/The Calendar Man

Yvonne Strahovski as Firefly

Alexis Denisof as Zsazz

Kevin Durand as Killer Croc

Mark A. Shephard as Oswald Cobblepot/Penguin

Joe Morton as Lucius Fox

Enver Gjoak as Roman Sionis/Black Mask

Mark Pellegrino as Kirk Langstrom/Man-Bat

Jeremy Davies as Jonathan Crane/The Scarecrow

Claire Holt as Pamela Isley/Poison Ivy

I also couldn't think up someone to play the Mad Hatter. So, I would really like a suggestion on that.

This is a season one episode list.

The Bat
Dark Disguise
Not So Smart
Enough Days In The Week
Like Father, Like Son
The Birdcage
Inspiration
The Sincerest Form Of Flattery
Eco-Friendly
A Really Bad Day
The Long Halloween Part One
Joke's On You
A Magician's Touch
Cold Blooded
Lips Of Poison
Fan The Flames
Heads Or Tails
Batgirl
Hat Of Madness
How To Catch A Bat
Everything To Fear
A Holiday's End
The Long Halloween Part Two

The first half is mainly dealing with mobsters and killers, with the Red Hood being the antagonist at the end in the mid-season finale. The idea of this is that the city is just average crime-wise. The insanity hasn't taken over the city yet. There's little things, like a Riddle based criminal who likes to prove he's smarter than everyone else, or a Cat burglar who takes the "cat" part a little too literally, even an over-enthusiastic eco-terrorist and a thug working for Oswald Cobblepot that has a scaly skin condition, but that's about it. The criminals are fairly average, as are their crimes: Serial killers and mobsters. Batman changes the way people look at themselves as criminals. A joke of a mobster Ozzy "The Penguin" Cobblepot the joke of the criminal underworld becomes angrier more vicious, less cowardly, Roman Sionis kills his Father, the head of the Sionis crime syndicate, by setting him on fire, leaving only his blackened skeleton and smashes his coffin at his funeral and keeps a piece of it to carry around like a security blanket. The Red Hood's view of reality starts to warp and become distorted. The Red Hood kidnaps the mobsters in the mid-season finale to force them to prove to him that they deserve to live in the vision he has for Gotham. Harvey Dent begins to crack as well, lashing out in anger, taking an almost vicious view of justice at first. The idea is seeing the the city become the city we know about. The character becoming the characters we know. Jim has to develop a trust and partnership with Batman. Bruce has to fully become Batman. Barbara has to become restless and agitated with the state of the city and develop a desire to do something about it and become inspired by Batman. The RH gathers the mobsters at Ace Chemicals Plant, where Batman comes after him. This concludes with The RH falling into the chemicals.

We then time jump ahead a year.

The second half is when stuff gets crazy. Like Frozen Men and a Super Strong Zombie and Magician's and Giant Bat Creatures and Fear Toxin spraying Men and Mind Controlling Hats and Fire shooting Bug Women. The Joker comes in and Harvey Dent cracks in half finally and becomes Two-Face. Robin comes in and Barbara becomes Batgirl. That's basically about how now that Bruce is fully Batman how does he deal with it, especially now that he's got a team to worry about, with this background arc of The Holiday Killer.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

EDIT: I changed my Catwoman decision. I'm pretty happy with it now.

This is an updated fan cast and images of the fan cast. I hope you like!

Luke Mitchell or Ryan Kennedy as Bruce Wayne/Batman

Shelley Hennig as Selina Kyle/Catwoman

Adam godley as Alfred Pennyworth

Lacey Chabert as Zatanna Zatara

Alexis Denisof as Zsazz

Joe Morton as Lucius Fox

Season 01- Batman- Year One, Legends of the Dark Knight #50 and Going Sane, segue into the Long Halloween
Season 02- Dark Victory interspersed with LOTDK Prey, Venom and Faces along with the Monster Men and the Monk
Season 03- Robin Annual #4, the Gauntlet and Dick's Year One miniseries, Batgirl- Year One miniseries, Batman #232
Season 04- Forward 6 years, Strange Apparitions interspersed with Nightwing- Year One, Jason becomes Robin, Killing Joke
Season 05- Non-crappy version of a Death in the Family as mid-season finale; Year Three and Lonely Place of Dying
Season 06- Crimesmith and Obeah Man stories, Batman #455-461, Robin I miniseries, Mudslide and parts of Armageddon 2001
Season 07- Return of King Snake, Sword of Azrael and Vengeance of Bane interspersed with Robin II and Knightfall/Quest/End
Season 08- Cataclysm/No Man's Land
Season 09- Flash forward 2 years, Bruce Wayne- Murderer & Fugitive
Season 10- Elements of the Autobiography of Bruce Wayne mixed with a non-crappy Hush, Hush kills the Rogue's Gallery, Tim moves away, Bruce retires and Gotham City is safe

Season 06 is the only one of the above that's missing some kind of big event relating to Batman; I rather like the structure of the other seasons though.

For standalone episodes each season, it would be easy to adapt done-in-one issues Batman or Detective. You could even throw in the odd Elseworld here and there as a dream sequence or something.

I know I would like to see a Batman tv show that exists in the Flash/Arrow universe. So much so, that I even came up with four seasons of a Batman tv show. But let's all have fun with this. Would you like to see a Batman tv show in the Flarrow universe? How would you do it? Who would you want in it?

This is my fan cast.

Luke Mitchell or Ryan Kennedy as Bruce Wayne/Batman

Shelley Hennig or Nina Dobrev as Selina Kyle/Catwoman

Adam Godley as Alfred Pennyworth

Lacey Chabert as Zatanna Zatara

Alexis Denisof as Zsazz

Joe Morton as Lucius Fox

Oded Fehr as Ra's Al Ghul

Laura Mennell as Talia Al Ghul

Blair Brown as Dr. Leslie Thompkins

I also couldn't think up someone to play the Mad Hatter. So, I would really like a suggestion on that.

This is a season one episode list.

The Bat
Dark Disguise
Not So Smart
Enough Days In The Week
Like Father, Like Son
The Birdcage
Inspiration
The Sincerest Form Of Flattery
Eco-Friendly
A Really Bad Day
The Long Halloween Part One
Joke's On You
A Magician's Touch
Cold Blooded
Lips Of Poison
Fan The Flames
Heads Or Tails
Batgirl
Hat Of Madness
How To Catch A Bat
Everything To Fear
A Holiday's End
The Long Halloween Part Two

The first half is mainly dealing with mobsters and killers, with the Red Hood being the antagonist at the end in the mid-season finale. The idea of this is that the city is just average crime-wise. The insanity hasn't taken over the city yet. There's little things, like a Riddle based criminal who likes to prove he's smarter than everyone else, or a Cat burglar who takes the "cat" part a little too literally, even an over-enthusiastic eco-terrorist and a thug working for Oswald Cobblepot that has a scaly skin condition, but that's about it. The criminals are fairly average, as are their crimes: Serial killers and mobsters. Batman changes the way people look at themselves as criminals. A joke of a mobster Ozzy "The Penguin" Cobblepot the joke of the criminal underworld becomes angrier more vicious, less cowardly, Roman Sionis kills his Father, the head of the Sionis crime syndicate, by setting him on fire, leaving only his blackened skeleton and smashes his coffin at his funeral and keeps a piece of it to carry around like a security blanket. The Red Hood's view of reality starts to warp and become distorted. The Red Hood kidnaps the mobsters in the mid-season finale to force them to prove to him that they deserve to live in the vision he has for Gotham. Harvey Dent begins to crack as well, lashing out in anger, taking an almost vicious view of justice at first. The idea is seeing the the city become the city we know about. The character becoming the characters we know. Jim has to develop a trust and partnership with Batman. Bruce has to fully become Batman. Barbara has to become restless and agitated with the state of the city and develop a desire to do something about it and become inspired by Batman. The RH gathers the mobsters at Ace Chemicals Plant, where Batman comes after him. This concludes with The RH falling into the chemicals.

We then time jump ahead a year.

The second half is when stuff gets crazy. Like Frozen Men and a Super Strong Zombie and Magician's and Giant Bat Creatures and Fear Toxin spraying Men and Mind Controlling Hats and Fire shooting Bug Women. The Joker comes in and Harvey Dent cracks in half finally and becomes Two-Face. Robin comes in and Barbara becomes Batgirl. That's basically about how now that Bruce is fully Batman how does he deal with it, especially now that he's got a team to worry about, with this background arc of The Holiday Killer.

Season 2 is going to be focused on a more mini-arc based status with the background of a League Of Assassins threat.

There's a time alteration arc. This would involve a crossover with Flash and a discussion about the dangers of time travel. Helena's redemption arc would arise in this as well. As would Dr. Fate. Helena's issues would be shown as a side effect of the time travel that occurred within this universe.
Then we'd have a Court Of Owls arc.
Then we'd have a Hush/Ra's Al Guhl intermingling arc. The idea of this would play out as road to the season finale arc. The Court Of Owls might have a play in all that as well.

Special thanks to i-own-a-bearshark on tumblr for the idea of having the court of owls involved in season 2.

Meanwhile there would episodes that would have focus on some characters like Slade Wilson. As a way to right the wrongs of his character. If ya'll have any ideas on that I'd like to hear them.

Ra's is going to have to be nixed. By that I mean I'd have to completely discredit Arrow's version. Ra's would say that Fake Ra's was once a student of his that he'd chosen to take his place, but he failed his test to kill Damien Darhk, so Ra's kicked him out. He then took over an abandoned Ra's Al Guhl area and put together his own League as a way to prove himself to the real Ra's. The whole Oliver is the new Ra's thing would've been his way of adhering to the League rules and killing Damien Darhk to impress the real Ra's and hopefully gain his acceptance. This isn't a crack on the actor who played him on Arrow. But on the character.

The Ra's Al Ghul daughter thing is an idea that I've given some thought. That would be something to get around. The first idea I had was that Fake Ra's stole Nyssa as a baby from one of Ra's lovers and kept it as his own as a way to have a cemented Al Ghul reign in his League.

An idea that I thought would work, again with a little something from i-own-a-bearshark, is to have a Green Arrow vs Batman two part episode, possibly as the season 2 premiere.

Among all of this would be Harley Quinn's character arc.
The introduction of Jason Todd.

My thoughts with Harley Quinn are different than other versions. I want to play up the pathos of the character more and have a stronger emphasis on her friendship with Poison Ivy. In fact the idea I had was that Harley was actually Poison Ivy's psychiatrist at first and that's how they connected. One of the great things that I loved about their friendship in the animated series was that Harley was probably one of the only people that Poison Ivy cared about. I really want to give that more attention.

Does anyone have any thoughts? Please tell me what you think!

God bless you all! God bless everyone in your lives! God bless everyone!

Unfortunately I know too little of these actors to give an opinion, but I applaud your efforts Dangenspear.

Wed, 6 Apr 2016, 12:28 #15 Last Edit: Thu, 21 Apr 2016, 04:40 by Dagenspear
Steven R. McQueen as an alternate for Bruce Wayne/Batman

Chris Wood as an alternate The Red Hood/Joker

Have a very great day everyone!

God bless everyone!

This is episode synopsis' for season 1 and the first half of season 2:

1. The Bat/Pilot: Bruce Wayne, just returning to Gotham City, decides to begin his battle against the mob and the corrupt police force after the daughter of the newly appointed Captain James Gordon, Barbara Gordon, is kidnapped in an attempt to gain leverage over one of the few non-corrupt members of the police force.

2. Dark Disguise: While spying on the mob families, Batman is interrupted by a mischievous thief that may be closer to him than he thinks, leading them both into the underground world of human trafficking when her young teen friend Holly is taken by the mob, forcing them to work together to save her.

3. Not So Smart: When a string of intelligence testing based murders begin, Batman is forced to use his mind to overcome his latest conflict. Meanwhile James Gordon tracks a lead to a possible identity of the Batman: Bruce Wayne.

4. Enough Days In The Week: Batman hopes to gain a more steady acceptance from the police by tracking down a notorious serial killer called the Calendar Man.

5. Like Father, Like Son: The Sionis crime family ignites the beginnings of a mob war, as they target Oswald Cobblepot and hire the assassin Deadshot to kill him, forcing Batman to protect a criminal in order to keep the peace.

6. The Birdcage: Batman has been captured. Trapped as a prisoner in Oswald Cobblepot's underground fighting ring, if he wants to live he will have to fight the champion of the cage, a mutated humanoid nicknamed Killer Croc, to the death.

7. Inspiration: Batman must utilize the help of an eye witness to another in a long list of serial killings done by the psychopath Victor Zsazz.

8. The Sincerest Form Of Flattery: Now that Batman has gained at least the begrudged acceptance of James Gordon, that'll be tested when someone impersonating Batman begins to murder the stars of a movie being shot in Gotham.

9. Eco-Friendly: After a strange chemical plant explosion that crumbles the building, leaving trees and plants grown in it's place and effecting a security guard in a slower but similar way, Batman is in a race against the clock to stop the mysterious eco-terrorist nicknamed Poison Ivy, gather her chemical extract and use it to cure the guard before his body becomes a plant breeding ground.

10. A Really Bad Day: When the Red Hood kidnaps the heads of Gotham's biggest crime families, Batman must discover his location before he enacts his plan to amass enough power to shape Gotham to fit his twisted vision.

One year later.

11. The Long Halloween Part One: Leading up to and ending on Halloween. As Bruce is just now getting used to his life as Batman, he's hit with a wave unexpected changes in his life: the new craziness taking over Gotham, a criminal that leaves a smile on his victim's face, the murder of Carmine Falcone's nephew which threatens to reignite the war between the mobs and his new ward, one Dick Grayson.

12. Joke's On You: On Thanksgiving, as Bruce struggles with keeping Dick from discovering his life as Batman, a maniac calling himself the Joker threatens to poison the entire city's water supply unless batman can get to him in time.

13. Cold Blooded: When an icy figure begins targeting members of the Wayne enterprises board and freezing them, Batman begins investigating his company's past and discovers the death of scientist that was covered up, but finds himself unprepared when the Wayne enterprises pre Christmas fundraiser is attacked by that same man, who is now calling himself Mr. Freeze.

14. A Magician's Touch: Magician Zatanna Zatara comes to blows with Batman while she's searching for clues tied to a tabloid story about a zombie in the sewer attacking people. Meanwhile the Joker tries to enacts a scheme as a way to kill the Holiday Killer.

15. Lips Of Poison: Poison Ivy is back. More uncaring about human life than ever, the now human/plant hybrid has decided to initiate a one plant war against humanity, starting with the privileged of Gotham, who she most blames for the pollution of the environment, putting Bruce Wayne squarely in her sites.

16. Heads Or Tails: Harvey Dent is been kidnapped by Crime Boss Moroni who has rallied Black Mask and Penguin to his plan to lure Batman into a trap and kill him.

17. Batgirl: With Commissioner Gordon and Harvey Dent having disappeared, Batman tracks the mobsters he believes responsible, despite Barbara's insistence that it was someone else, forcing her to take matters into her own hands and find clues on her own.

18. A Mad Tea Party: A former disgraced scientist named Jervis Tetch uses mind controlling technology to bend the mob families to his will and impress the woman of his dreams to get her to love him.

19. Fan The Flames: As mysterious arsonist attacks plague Gotham's fire departments, Batman soon realizes that the vicious nature to the attacks points to a personal motivation and finds himself face to face with someone clad in advanced armor calling themself Firefly.

20. How To Catch A Bat: Edward Nygma sets up a sinister scheme to catch Batman and reveal his identity, proving that he is indeed the smarter out of the two of them, forcing Batman to confront his need for control.

21. Everything To Fear: When bullies and thugs start dying from extreme fear induced hallicinations, Batman is forced to face his fears by a psychopath trying to usurp his place of fear and respect in Gotham.

22. Holiday's End: With the Holiday Killer's identity having been discovered, Batman and Gordon enact a sting operation to catch the killer once and for all.

23. The Long Halloween Part Two: The Holiday Killer has been defeated. But the chessgame that he was a pawn of is coming to a head, with Batman's greatest weapon being used against him and Gotham: His mind.

Season 2:

1. Lockdown: The Joker locks down the annual police fundraiser ball, trapping the entire Batfamily inside, along with Selina Kyle and Dr. Harleen Quinzel.

2. Caged Canary: Laurel Lance is alive and she's come for the help of her old friend Barbara Gordon, to save her sister Sara from a mysterious supervillain named Silk Sister, who has kidnapped her and plans to break her psychologically as revenge for killing her dad when she was still a member of the League Of Assassins.

3. The Hunter and the Huntress: The Huntress has broken out of prison and is out for revenge again. But when Batman discovers that Helena's personality may be effected by something outside of her control, he and Catwoman will have to find her and help her peacefully.

Crossover with Arrow: Batman vs Green Arrow: Green Arrow and OTA gets smacked down by the Batfamily when he hypocritically comes to Gotham to try and take Huntress down.

4. Hand Of Fate: When a mysterious woman with no memory of her life or identity appears in Gotham that may have the answers to the questions that Batman wants answers for, he seeks the help of John Constantine, who has in his possession the one object that can help her get her memories back: The helmet of Nabu.

Flash crossover: How It Should Be: Dr. Fate has been awoken. The knowledge of the discord of this world being revealed and a tear in the fabric of reality becoming more prominent, forcing a confrontation between Batman and The Flash when it's discovered that it's been caused by Barry's time traveling. Now they'll have to work together to repair it.

5. Run The Asylum: When the Batfamily investigates a disturbance at Arkham, they find that the asylum has been taken over by the Joker and the inmates have been released, forcing them to split their attention between The Joker himself, Mr. Freeze and the Riddler, as Harleen is trapped and psychologically and emotionally tortured by the Joker.

6. Golem: Changed forever after having been the subject of experimentation by the government using unstable chemicals left after Central City's particle accelerator explosion, Preston Payne seeks revenge against those he holds responsible, in Gotham.

7. Ravaged: Bruce Wayne has been targeted for assassination. With his life threatened by the thought dead Ravager/Isabel Rochev, her powers somehow returned, he turns to Zatanna, who has an idea on who may have answers as to why this is possible: An imprisoned Slade Wilson.

8. A Harlequin: With Harleen slowly losing connection with reality, she forces herself to find focus on her tormentor in hopes of finding peace, only to lose herself even more, but her actions in doing so put her in direct conflict with the Batfamily.

9. The Birds Of Prey: When Batman goes missing, Barbara takes a leadership role and calls for the help of Dinah and Helena to help her and Dick track him down.

10. Court Of Owls: Bruce has discovered the truth behind the source of corruption and death in Gotham City, and he and Dick have infiltrated it, with a plan to take it down from the inside out.

Please tell me what you think! Have a very great day everyone!

God bless you all! God bless everyone!

My dream Batman show would be an adaption of the original Kane/Finger comics from the 40s. Of course, the Animated Series being one of my favorite shows of all time, that's what I'd imagine the animation style would look like. Of course, the budget for that would be near impossible nowadays. The color/style would more reflect the Superman Animated Series (before the comic adopted it's darker atmosphere).

The voice cast of the animated series is also fairly definitive in my eyes. Though I can't help but here Adam West as Batman in my head for the early issues. Batman could either evolve his appearance as he has in the comics, or take on the definitive look he adopted in Detective Comics #36 with his horn-like ears and scalloped gloves.

For something even further in the realm of impossibility, something in the style of the Fleischer Brothers' Superman animated shorts. Aside from nostalgia/authenticity of the animation style being rooted in the early 40s, the rotoscoped animation style has a beautiful, lifelike fluidity to it.

A Batman motif in the soundtrack is a must, though as iconic as Danny Elfman's theme is, I feel it's come to represent that particular era of Batman.

Season 01- Year One mixed with the Long Halloween and those 1995 Year One annuals
Season 02- Dark Victory mixed with the first year or so of Dick Grayson appearances in the comics
Season 03- Brave & the Bold, B66 type of fun tone; season ends with Dick going off to college
Season 04- Bronze Agey; serious but not too dark; premiere is Jason becomes Robin; finale is Death in the Family
Season 05- VERY dark; premiere is Batman as driven loner; finale is A Lonely Place of Dying
Season 06- Premiere is Obeah Man storyline, season finale is Identity Crisis/Batman #455-457, Tim becomes Robin
Season 07- Knightfall until mid-season finale; Knightquest and Knightsend for the rest
Season 08- Return of the King Snake (Batman #467-469), Electric City, Return of the Cluemaster, Contagion and Legacy
Season 09- Cataclysm, Aftershocks and No Man's Land
Season 10- Bruce Wayne: Murder/Fugitive and series finale is Hush

Every TV show needs several standalone episodes so those can be based on (or inspired by) various comics from around the vintage of whichever comics era is being used.

In a perfect world, Batman would have a different love interest every season... but knowing network television, they'd want someone who will stick around for several seasons, which is just retarded because Batman doesn't need a Lois Lane.