Arnie's deal to keep one of his suits

Started by Catwoman, Wed, 17 Jun 2015, 21:56

Previous topic - Next topic

If you've ever seen any photos or videos of Arnold's office, you'll see it proudly displayed!

I was told by my dad as a child Arnie kept a costume from each film he did. Including his infamous Turbo Man gear from 1996's Jingle All The Way.

Turbo Man is infamous? I thought he was cool!

...quit looking at me like that. :-\

Quote from: Catwoman on Tue, 23 Jun  2015, 07:17
Turbo Man is infamous? I thought he was cool!

...quit looking at me like that. :-\

Not at all Catwoman lol I happen to be a fan of the glorious madness contained within Jingle All The Way myself. Would not consider a Christmas without it.

But the film has a disease I would term "Schumacher Syndrome" (perhaps an offshoot of "Macgregor's Syndrome"?) whereupon said movie is regarded as a bit of a mess from various pop culture lovers. Ergo it becomes rather difficult to talk, much less admit, your personal love for such a project. Hence my reference to it's "infamy". And much like Schumacher's brilliant (if I do say so myself) Batman Forever we as fans are expected to forfeit our love for said controversial movies and bow to the order of "the masses" opinion.

Hopefully we both agree....that ain't gonna happen bub! lol

Hell no it's not going to happen. They can kiss my ass while I'm petting Ted...the reindeer Ted.

I miss Phil Hartman :(

I guess Small Soldiers would be another infamous movie then? Love it too and Phil was also in that.

In my humble opinion Phil Hartman was the most talented cast member to come out of "Saturday Night Live", and that includes even Bill Murray and Eddie Murphy.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: Catwoman on Tue, 23 Jun  2015, 21:28
Hell no it's not going to happen. They can kiss my ass while I'm petting Ted...the reindeer Ted.

I miss Phil Hartman :(

I guess Small Soldiers would be another infamous movie then? Love it too and Phil was also in that.

It's a story that's perfectly relatable (if quite heightened). All parents have suffered the anguish of the Christmas dash for popular presents (my own dad especially). So my family got a big, ironic, kick out of it. The part where the parents madly leap for those colored balls to the irritating sound of "it's the most wonderful time...of the year!!" brought the house down for us.

When we saw Small Soldiers my late dad thought the ending where the Gorgonites sail off in Alan's model boat to find their homeland "Gorgon" was the single greatest, most charming ending he'd seen in years lol He was on the phone telling his friends afterward how great it was. That's how I know film's with a lesser reputation can still drum up magic, happy moments in an audience. Small Soldiers is thought of as a bit of a Gremlins ripoff. It's more a remake of the idea by Joe Dante to me. But any movie that lampooned the music of the Spice Girls (at a time when you couldn't escape them) deserves my respect.

My mom made sure I "escaped" the Spice Girls. And the Smashing Pumpkins. And Pearl Jam. And just about everything else lol. But yes that movie is totally the freaking bomb, I love it! And that story about your dad with the Gorgonites' journey is so sweet. :)

It doesn't matter what critics (the paid kind and the wannabe kind) say about a movie, what matters is what it makes you feel inside. :) *cue touching self-help infomercial music lol*

I used to like people watching on like Christmas Eve and Black Friday and stuff but I keep ending up as collateral damage. In one of my old drunken stupors I must have got a tramp stamp that says "Hi, if you have a shopping cart, run me the hell over!" cause they do. Ug. So now I substitute it with Jingle All the Way viewings :P

I think that's awesome. Arnold has his own brand of acting, and it shows his dedication to the characters he brought to life by keeping mementos like that. He still has an original Terminator jacket, among many other treasures I'm sure he's amassed.
QuoteThe lights in those costumes last 9,000 hours. He doesn't have them on all day long but he does turn them on quite frequently.
God, I would love to be at a party at Arnold's.

I like how the article mentions Batman & Robin as a cult movie now. While previously being bemoaned as a movie with no redeeming qualities, I'm glad that people can at least enjoy the zaniness and hilarity of it all, even where it wasn't intentional.